none
Windows Home Server 2011 Connector RRS feed

• Question

• I'm hoping somebody can help. I need a copy of the WHS 2011 connector. It somehow got deleted off my system after the last Windows update. Typing in http://<servername>/connect does not work for me. I need the actual install file. Would anybody here have it or could direct me to a site that does? I've looked for days with no luck. Thanks.
    Monday, September 9, 2019 6:59 PM

All replies

• I might have it. I will dig around when I get home 
    Monday, September 9, 2019 7:19 PM
  • Another option - 

1. Navigate to \\YourWHS\
    2. Open the Software folder
    3. Open the Home Server Connector Software folder
    4. Click on setup.exe
    5. Optional- if you are running a x64 Windows OS and setup.exe is only letting you install the 32-bit version, you can also find the x64 installer in that directory

Monday, September 9, 2019 7:20 PM
  • Thanks. That method doesn't work for me either as I don't have a "Software" folder. I thought I had saved the install file when I installed it in 2015, but I couldn't find it anywhere on my network. Looks like my only option is to get ahold of the actual install file. I need it because the newest Windows Update (1903) broke my connector. The only workaround is to reinstall it. If you do have it, that would be great. Thanks for taking the time to look.

• Edited by DougWaggs Tuesday, September 10, 2019 3:11 AM
    Tuesday, September 10, 2019 3:06 AM
  • If the Connector software from WHS v1 works with v2011 then you can download an ISO image of the connector disk from the osvault dot weebly dot com windows repository (unfortunately the page is not indexed but WHS v1 is about half way down or you can just use your browser's Find option to find "connector") - sorry, as a newbie I am not permitted to post URLs, and until I get my email server back up and running (the reason I signed up on this forum) I cannot go through the verification process...
    Friday, September 27, 2019 2:16 PM