none
What happens if I change the date on the server RRS feed

• Question

• I've finally got everything right - 3 backups, remote access, 1.5 TB of storage, fast file sharing over the home network, man this is real cool. The road was not smooth (it's totally home built) but I enjoy that, too. Nearly all my stumbles have been solved here.

Now after all that excitement I realize that something is definetly wrong. Server says it's March 1 already. Date is a day ahead.

Would I break anything if changed it in the clock/calendar tray?

I thought that I might just shut the thing down for a day and reboot, go into BIOS and change it.

Any advice?

Saturday, February 28, 2009 6:43 PM

Answers

• Hi,
    There is no reason why you shouldn't change the date.
    You might have some backup problems insofar as their dates showing incorrectly for the previous ones, but otherwise it should all be OK.

In fact, I'm suprised that you have got everything running, as having a different date/time on the Server, is a known cause of connector problems!

Good luck,

Colin

If anyone answers your query successfully, please mark it as 'Helpful', to guide other users.
    Saturday, February 28, 2009 6:51 PM

All replies

• Hi,
    There is no reason why you shouldn't change the date.
    You might have some backup problems insofar as their dates showing incorrectly for the previous ones, but otherwise it should all be OK.

In fact, I'm suprised that you have got everything running, as having a different date/time on the Server, is a known cause of connector problems!

Good luck,

Colin

If anyone answers your query successfully, please mark it as 'Helpful', to guide other users.
    Saturday, February 28, 2009 6:51 PM
  • OK Done. No black holes appeared, I'm still the same age as before. Maybe when I hit 88 MPH...

Did delete an automatic backup from 12:00 AM March 1.

Really, there's been no/little trouble with permissions. I have even been able to log in from the notorious work environment.

Update March 1 - all is OK. Thanks
    Saturday, February 28, 2009 7:05 PM