Adding a second PC to the One Care circle. RRS feed

• Question

• I purchased the Windows Live One Care about 4 months ago for my laptop.  Another PC in the household was using a McAfee subscription and I wanted to wait unit it ran out before I installed One Care on that PC under the circle.  I have tried many different attempts to install the service on this second PC with no success.  I either get that I need to active and when I do that I get that the subscription is already activated.  Or I try to add the PC to the circle and get the message that I need a subscirption. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled.

I was under the assumption that I could add addition PCs at any time.  Please advise how to proceed.

Thank you.

Wednesday, February 20, 2008 12:16 AM

Answers

•  FWDaug wrote:

I purchased the Windows Live One Care about 4 months ago for my laptop.  Another PC in the household was using a McAfee subscription and I wanted to wait unit it ran out before I installed One Care on that PC under the circle.  I have tried many different attempts to install the service on this second PC with no success.  I either get that I need to active and when I do that I get that the subscription is already activated.  Or I try to add the PC to the circle and get the message that I need a subscirption. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled.

I was under the assumption that I could add addition PCs at any time.  Please advise how to proceed.

Thank you.

If you have an active subscription, which is what was created when you activated on the first computer, you need to use the same LiveID on the subsequent activations. You can't use the same key twice. If you are arriving at a screen to purchase or provide a token, you are likely not using the same LiveID as the subscription ID.

On the first PC, open OneCare and click Help and then About to see your Subscription ID. That is the LiveID to sign in with.

And see this post - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2776450&SiteID=2 - if you are unable to change the LiveID in the activation sign on screen.

-steve

Wednesday, February 20, 2008 1:24 AM