Error in Robots.txt Validator RRS feed

Answers

• Thanks for the feedback.   This looks like a couple of valid bugs.  I will submit them to our team for review.  Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Jeremiah

Wednesday, November 21, 2007 9:50 PM

All replies

• Well, on the one hand, the robots.txt checker says it only checks for msnbot -- but on the other hand, I would suggest it report something less confrontational as "invalid user-agent." 

I would suggest "User-Agent Not Recognized by MSNBot.  Associated commands ignored."  Or perhaps the portions of the robot.txt file in the textarea that would be ignored by the msnbot could be grayed out meaning that msnbot is not looking in those spots for direction.

Wednesday, November 21, 2007 4:57 AM
  • Thanks for the feedback.   This looks like a couple of valid bugs.  I will submit them to our team for review.  Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Jeremiah

Wednesday, November 21, 2007 9:50 PM
  • I just encountered this problem also.

So there are still bugs there, what do we do now ? Just ignore the message and wait for the bug to be fix and validate again ?

I am sure a lot of people will have this problem, so its good to update them here since this thread has been opened.

Wednesday, December 5, 2007 5:17 PM