Moving documents from C: to D: RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,  So my C: drive only has 5 GB left on but my D: has like 124 GB on it.  So is there a way for me to have all my "my documents" on the D: drive and not the C: Drive?  Thanks!

Matthew Lechtenberg Matt-cast.com owner

Thursday, May 17, 2012 1:13 AM

Answers

• How have your docs ended up on C drive? Did you move the documents folder to C:. I don't know if this is possible but suspect not.

If you have been logging onto the remote desktop and saving docs in the administrators "Documents" on C:, you could create another share, via the dashboard on D: and move those files to D:.

Normally C: is 60Gb and only contains the OS. Not near my WHS at present but the OS, with a few extra addins, is around 30GB if I remember correctly. 

The remainder of the first HD becomes D: which is where the documents folder resides by default along with other shares.

Dave

The Frog on the Lilypad at Home

• Marked as answer by Sean Zhu - Tuesday, May 22, 2012 9:13 AM
    Thursday, May 17, 2012 1:27 AM

All replies

• How have your docs ended up on C drive? Did you move the documents folder to C:. I don't know if this is possible but suspect not.

If you have been logging onto the remote desktop and saving docs in the administrators "Documents" on C:, you could create another share, via the dashboard on D: and move those files to D:.

Normally C: is 60Gb and only contains the OS. Not near my WHS at present but the OS, with a few extra addins, is around 30GB if I remember correctly. 

The remainder of the first HD becomes D: which is where the documents folder resides by default along with other shares.

Dave

The Frog on the Lilypad at Home

• Marked as answer by Sean Zhu - Tuesday, May 22, 2012 9:13 AM
    Thursday, May 17, 2012 1:27 AM
  • Thank you much!  I got it to work!  Thank you!

Matthew Lechtenberg Matt-cast.com owner

Thursday, May 17, 2012 1:59 AM