WGA Version: Registered, 1.5.512.0.
    Signature Type: Microsoft.
    Validation Diagnostic:

Scan: Complete
    Cryptography: Complete

Office Status: 114
    Office Diagnostics:

Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>a4b5f4d9-eb27-46a7-9580-f809ec12a63b</UGUID><Version>1.5.0526.1</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.pro</OS><PID>55274-645-4566635-23985</PID><PIDType>1</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-602162358-682003330-1801674531</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>GBT___</Manufacturer><Model>AWRDACPI</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Award Software International, Inc.</Manufacturer><Version>6.00 PG</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="3"/><Date>20040205000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>29000102020101000102010100AFB992C7A6A229542676431A4CB832F6140BFE13D72BC6EE00000000</HWID><UserLCID>0409</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>AUS Eastern Standard Time(GMT+10:00)</TimeZone></MachineData>   <Software><Office><Result>114</Result><Products><Product GUID="{90280409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0050048383C9}"><LegitResult>114</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office XP Professional with FrontPage</Name><Ver>10</Ver><Val>39476F84C4B4004</Val><Hash>4iCnywwNW1w4s9ukTIwGMGxyGic=</Hash><Pid>54185-640-0000025-17843</Pid></Product></Products></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

I ran the belarc advisor and to all accounts and purposes I have product keys etc.. so why do I have a blocked VLK?

Sunday, May 14, 2006 7:09 AM

Answers

• alliwanttodoisusemycomputer:

Volume Licenses are only available for mostly corporate use and are not for sale as a retail item.

Can you verify that your COA matches your Product Key?

Information about locating COA stickers is here:

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/howtotell/en/coa.mspx

Thanks,

Greg

Monday, May 15, 2006 4:27 PM
  • Dear Greg,

I am no computer whiz, I took my PC to be fixed by an expert when I had problems with it and trusted the person who fixed it .  He had to do a fresh install of Windows and I paid him for his services. I thought he did a good job and all I want is to be able to use my PC. My computer is second hand as my finances are limited.  Why is Microsoft doing this just before the new Vista comes out?

I have no idea where to locate the COA sticker and even if I did, I am afraid after having read the the posts on this site that I do not have the technical know how handle the rest of the process. 

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 11:48 AM

I'm very sorry for the problems you are having.  I understand, it can be very frustrating.  When the repair person reinstalled Windows for you they must not have used your CD and product key, this is most likely why you now show as having a blocked VLK.  This can be fixed by a repair installation but you will need to find your product key to do this (COA information can be found here, http://www.microsoft.com/resources/howtotell/en/coa.mspx):

1 - Reinstall Windows so your COA matches your Product Key (install using your COA as the Product Key) - This is the preferred method by Microsoft, as it will be a fresh copy, void of potential hacked binary files and security loops that may have been created to bypass WGA. We know this is usually not the user preference, but it is the safest method.

2 - WGA is underway to create a tool that will allow you to switch your current invalid/non-genuine Product Key being used to your COA sticker *ONLY*. There's no slated timeline, but it will be soon. This will allow you to change product keys being used without a reinstall.

HOWEVER, if it DOES match, I suggest taking the media back to the reseller (best buy?) to resolve the problem, or filing a Counterfeit report with Microsoft. If the report is of high quality media, you may qualify for a free WGA kit. Otherwise, you can purchase a WGA kit directly from Microsoft.

We are hoping that the tool for replacing invalid product keys with your valid key from your COA will be done soon. If you are uncumfortable with doing a repair installation then this would be the best way for you.  I'm told that the tool should be ready very soon, but I have no exact date for you and I'm very sorry.

Thanks,

Greg

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 3:41 PM
  • Thank you Greg. 

I guess I may have to wait until the tool you referred to becomes available but I will need help with the process.

I do find it disconcerting to read the posts here and seeing that people trying to do the right thing are having significant problems in relation to the WGA validation process.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006 11:19 AM

All replies

• A "Volume License" version of Windows XP is not generally available to consumers as it is sold only to companies.  From whom did you obtain your VL version from? Consuners should only be using either a conventional "Retail" or "OEM version of Windows XP!
    Sunday, May 14, 2006 2:12 PM

Volume Licenses are only available for mostly corporate use and are not for sale as a retail item.

Can you verify that your COA matches your Product Key?

Information about locating COA stickers is here:

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/howtotell/en/coa.mspx

Thanks,

Greg

Monday, May 15, 2006 4:27 PM
  • Dear Greg,

I am no computer whiz, I took my PC to be fixed by an expert when I had problems with it and trusted the person who fixed it .  He had to do a fresh install of Windows and I paid him for his services. I thought he did a good job and all I want is to be able to use my PC. My computer is second hand as my finances are limited.  Why is Microsoft doing this just before the new Vista comes out?

I have no idea where to locate the COA sticker and even if I did, I am afraid after having read the the posts on this site that I do not have the technical know how handle the rest of the process. 

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 11:48 AM

I'm very sorry for the problems you are having.  I understand, it can be very frustrating.  When the repair person reinstalled Windows for you they must not have used your CD and product key, this is most likely why you now show as having a blocked VLK.  This can be fixed by a repair installation but you will need to find your product key to do this (COA information can be found here, http://www.microsoft.com/resources/howtotell/en/coa.mspx):

1 - Reinstall Windows so your COA matches your Product Key (install using your COA as the Product Key) - This is the preferred method by Microsoft, as it will be a fresh copy, void of potential hacked binary files and security loops that may have been created to bypass WGA. We know this is usually not the user preference, but it is the safest method.

2 - WGA is underway to create a tool that will allow you to switch your current invalid/non-genuine Product Key being used to your COA sticker *ONLY*. There's no slated timeline, but it will be soon. This will allow you to change product keys being used without a reinstall.

HOWEVER, if it DOES match, I suggest taking the media back to the reseller (best buy?) to resolve the problem, or filing a Counterfeit report with Microsoft. If the report is of high quality media, you may qualify for a free WGA kit. Otherwise, you can purchase a WGA kit directly from Microsoft.

We are hoping that the tool for replacing invalid product keys with your valid key from your COA will be done soon. If you are uncumfortable with doing a repair installation then this would be the best way for you.  I'm told that the tool should be ready very soon, but I have no exact date for you and I'm very sorry.

Thanks,

Greg

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 3:41 PM
  • Thank you Greg. 

I guess I may have to wait until the tool you referred to becomes available but I will need help with the process.

I do find it disconcerting to read the posts here and seeing that people trying to do the right thing are having significant problems in relation to the WGA validation process.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006 11:19 AM
  • Where can I get this WGA probe?!?!?!?!?!

I need it ASAP!!!!

Saturday, June 3, 2006 3:39 PM