i pass ALL geniune validations... but cannot download templates from any office app RRS feed

• Question

• let me start by saying i'm so frustrated and perefectly understand why people just choose to download a hack and bypass security measures. my experience today shows how much difficulty perfectly valid customers encounter when companies try to lock out illegal customers.

1 - i have a valid office 2007 enterprise installation
    2 - i have activated it
    3 - when i go to http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/default.aspx?displaylang=en, i click on "validate windows", i get the "validation complete!" message
    4 - when i go to http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/default.aspx?displaylang=en, i click on "validate office", i get the "validation complete!" message
    5 - when i run the diagnostic tool, i get "100 genuine" for office

however... i cannot download ANY template from within ANY office app WHATSOEVER.

example:

when i go to the office downloads page, templates, plans, business, business plan (a word template), i can download it with no problem

when i open word, go to new, plans, business and select business plan and click download i get the ever-popular "templates are only available to customers running genuine microsoft office" dialog (btw, i check "do not show this message again" every time... with no change). when i click "continue" i get the "you may be a victim of software counterfiting" dialog, and the box listing affected products is EMPTY. i click "get genuine" and go to http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/default.aspx?displaylang=en, where i land on the "validation succesful!" message.

i've tried sooo many things and this loop NEVER ENDS.

can someone please please please help? this is getting quite insane at this point.

dushan
    Thursday, March 19, 2009 3:59 PM

Answers

•  Hello Dushan,

Thank you for providing information and posting in the OGA Forum. Also have you checked to see if your computer has Office Home and Student 2007 installed? Major manufacturers often install a trial version of Office. So I would recommend you to check and verify that you do not have it installed. Trial versions are good for limited time then will become reduced functionallity. This could cause you not to be able to download templates because when you validate office it will see the trial version installed.

Take care,

Stephen
    Attention All Forum Users: Please Do Not post your issue in someone else's Thread...Create your own which will help minimize confusion. If any post fixes your issue, please click the "Post was Helpful" button for that post. This will help us showcase the threads that best help our customers. Thank you, Stephen Holm
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Thursday, March 19, 2009 7:20 PM
    Thursday, March 19, 2009 7:20 PM

All replies

• SOLVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'm not sure if this has been communicated on this forum (or elsewhere), but if not PLEASE MAKE SURE IT IS!

you HAVE TO activate ALL apps and validate ALL apps BEFORE any downloads will work. so... even if you activated office and validated it (like me), and you get no error messages whatsoever (like me), downloads from within individual apps will NOT work until ALL apps are activated and validated.

i had visio and project... unactivated. no error messages telling me this, NONE. no validations failing, NONE. no errors in the diagnostic tool telling me this, NONE.

i just took a guess.

so, i hope this saves others some hours of frustration.

dushan
    Thursday, March 19, 2009 4:10 PM
  •  Hello Dushan,

Thank you for providing information and posting in the OGA Forum. Also have you checked to see if your computer has Office Home and Student 2007 installed? Major manufacturers often install a trial version of Office. So I would recommend you to check and verify that you do not have it installed. Trial versions are good for limited time then will become reduced functionallity. This could cause you not to be able to download templates because when you validate office it will see the trial version installed.

Take care,

Stephen
    Attention All Forum Users: Please Do Not post your issue in someone else's Thread...Create your own which will help minimize confusion. If any post fixes your issue, please click the "Post was Helpful" button for that post. This will help us showcase the threads that best help our customers. Thank you, Stephen Holm
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Thursday, March 19, 2009 7:20 PM
    Thursday, March 19, 2009 7:20 PM