Adding file types to the list RRS feed

• Question

•  

How can I add a file type to backup that is not in the list?
    Saturday, April 12, 2008 1:11 PM

Answers

• You can't modify the list yourself. What is the file type you wish to have backed up and have you confirmed that selecting "Other" doesn't back up this file type?

-steve

Sunday, April 13, 2008 1:50 AM

All replies

• You can't modify the list yourself. What is the file type you wish to have backed up and have you confirmed that selecting "Other" doesn't back up this file type?

-steve

Sunday, April 13, 2008 1:50 AM
  • It is so bad that you cannot select the type of file you want to backup. I do have files as CorelDRAW CDR, CMX and Illustrator Ai files that are not in the list.

Sunday, April 13, 2008 5:26 PM
  • Select the file type "other" in the backup plan and check the list of files that will be backed up. I suspect you may find them in the list, though I can't confirm this. What is the extension for the Illustrator files?

-steve

Monday, April 14, 2008 6:26 AM
  • It seems that I have wasted my money by buying this oversmart product. How can it decide which files are important for me and need to take backup ? 

Sunday, May 4, 2008 6:50 PM
  • That's the design of backup in OneCare, unfortunately. It does back up a pretty extensive list of file types. It excludes \Windows and \Program Files as source locations, but the list of file types not backed up is pretty small. Have you actually gone through the backup wizard to review what files are being backed up based on the type selection in the first dialog?

-steve

Monday, May 5, 2008 4:25 PM