Shared Folders disappeared - WHS connector working RRS feed

• Question

• How annoying. I cannot connect to my sharedfolders and yet connector is working fine...I also cannot find my straight forward server icon on my network map...yet Media connect and TVersity appear. What is going on? I run windows 7 from my desktop PC.

The only think I ran before this event was a Kodak utility cleaerer utility to remove an old print driver - I suspect it did more than that, but they are useless at giving any info.

Any ideas how to reconnect/what has diasppeared

Monday, July 5, 2010 4:25 PM

All replies

• How annoying. I cannot connect to my sharedfolders and yet connector is working fine...I also cannot find my straight forward server icon on my network map...yet Media connect and TVersity appear. What is going on? I run windows 7 from my desktop PC.

The only think I ran before this event was a Kodak utility cleaerer utility to remove an old print driver - I suspect it did more than that, but they are useless at giving any info.

Any ideas how to reconnect/what has diasppeared

Did you try uninstalling the Connector software from that client, rebooting that client, then installing the software again?  Can you successfully ping your server from that client (both by name and by IP address)?
    Monday, July 5, 2010 6:42 PM
  • I tried that - but no change; the media/UpNP connections seem to work and WHS connector works fine, as does the RDP connection, but no simple ordinary appearance on the network map, so I can't recreate my network drive...this certainly occured after I ran Kodak's utility cleaning tool.

thanks for your help - it is greatly appreciated. WHS is good at protecting joe or jo public from the complexity of networks, but when it goes wrong then we are in a world of hurt and reliant on the experts

Tuesday, July 6, 2010 12:19 PM
  • Should have added, all my other computers are fine and talk to the WHS as before, it is just one machine (sadly the one I use most and whihc acts also as my media centre) which cannot find the ordinary link to the server on the network

Tuesday, July 6, 2010 1:29 PM
  • I tried that - but no change; the media/UpNP connections seem to work and WHS connector works fine, as does the RDP connection, but no simple ordinary appearance on the network map, so I can't recreate my network drive...this certainly occured after I ran Kodak's utility cleaning tool.

thanks for your help - it is greatly appreciated. WHS is good at protecting joe or jo public from the complexity of networks, but when it goes wrong then we are in a world of hurt and reliant on the experts

You don't need to see any computer on a network map in order to map a drive to it.  Does the Shared Folders on Server icon on the desktop work?  If so, just map a drive manually using \\[servername]\[sharename].
    Wednesday, July 7, 2010 10:34 PM