locked
Mail Merge Runtime Error RRS feed

Answers

  • Based on some articles I read, this is an IE issue.  The latest version of IE is 8.  I understand you don't have admin rights on the machine so you'll want to ask someone with admin rights to run IE and Windows updates on your machine.  That should correct the issue.


    Regards, Donna

    Thursday, August 26, 2010 1:31 PM

All replies

  • If your crm server is on local sites, try to add it to trusted sites (ie options). Then start outlook and mail merge again.
    Gruß Carsten Groth http://carstengroth.spaces.live.com
    Friday, August 20, 2010 1:34 PM
  • Thanks Carsten, that and restarting both Outlook and Internet Explorer did the trick!
    Friday, August 20, 2010 1:47 PM
  • Hey Carsten, I have to come back to that. It only seemed to do the trick once (why I dont know). Im still getting the same problem now even though my CRM server is added to the trusted sites. I have also disabled all IE extentions.

    Monday, August 23, 2010 7:26 AM
  • Did you install the latest security patches for IE?
    Gruß Carsten Groth http://carstengroth.spaces.live.com
    Monday, August 23, 2010 7:37 AM
  • Im on a system on which I dont have Administrator rights but as far as I can see I've got IE version 7.0.5730.11, so that should be allright.

    Here is what the Event Viewer says:

    Faulting application iexplore.exe, version 7.0.6000.17080, faulting module msidcrl40.dll, version 5.0.737.6, fault address 0x000beeb0.

    Monday, August 23, 2010 7:46 AM
  • As a workaround I keep removeing and adding my CRM server to Trusted Sites. I think it has to do with a configuration quirk in my system. Internet Explorer can't seem to remember that 'http://server02' is trusted, even though it stays in the Trusted Sites list. I will post back if I have found a solution.
    Tuesday, August 24, 2010 9:18 AM
  • Based on some articles I read, this is an IE issue.  The latest version of IE is 8.  I understand you don't have admin rights on the machine so you'll want to ask someone with admin rights to run IE and Windows updates on your machine.  That should correct the issue.


    Regards, Donna

    Thursday, August 26, 2010 1:31 PM
  • I contacted the domain Administrator and he did a global setting to put server02 out of the pop-up blocking software and into the trusted sites. That did the trick!

     

    Thank you all for your answers!

    Thursday, September 2, 2010 7:50 AM