Download installation files for Money 2002 Personal & Business - UK version? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.

I have been using Money for many years and would like to install it on a new computer. However, my installation disc has gone missing. I am aware that I could install the Sunset version, but prefer to continue with Money 2002.

I have searched, but cannot find a download for the version of Money that I want - Money 2002 Personal & Business, UK version. Can anyone provide a download link, or upload an ISO copy of the installation disc?

I will also need a product key (mine was on the back of the CD sleeve and I didn't keep a note of it) or, if possible, a way to extract the product key from the instation of Money on my old computer.

I would appreciate any help.

Thank you.

Friday, April 19, 2019 6:43 PM

All replies

• The Sunset version is for US data files only and cannot read a UK Money data file.

The latest UK version is the free Money 2005 UK QFE2, but there is no UK business version later than Money 2003.

If you need the business options you will need to use the QFE export/import procedure to transfer your UK data to Sunset Business.

The second, sticky post in this forum gives links to the above.

The free Belarc Advisor should be able to retrieve your Money 2002 product key if you can find a copy to reinstall.

Friday, April 19, 2019 7:27 PM
  • You could try the procedure that I'll outline; and it may just work ~ I tried something similar once before and it did work.

Make a copy of the whole folder "Microsoft Money" found in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money on your old computer and put it on a USB stick.

Install Money 2005 UK QFE2 as DominicP has suggested on your new computer.  This should (may) put all necessary registry keys in place.

Now remove the contents of the folder containing "Microsoft Money" on your new computer ~ so transfer it somewhere safe. Then with the new computer "Microsoft Money" folder empty, copy in the contents of that same folder from your USB stick.

Now try and open any of your Money 2002 data files or backups. Does what you see still look like Money 2002.

If this doesn't work you can delete all the files you copied in from the memory stick and restore the 2005 QFE2 set that you stored somewhere safe, and you should be no worse off than if you had not even tried this,  if you had simply done as DominicP suggested.

PS   I guess you know that if any region compatible newer version of Money opens your data file it will convert it such that the earlier version will NOT be able to open the converted data file ~ best to make a few copies of your data file before you do anything else.

Teabag

Saturday, April 27, 2019 9:28 PM
  • I use US version of Sunset. However I changed the base currency to UK sterling and Money has worked a treat since Microsoft stopped the support. 

Try it out using your existing money file.

Monday, April 29, 2019 8:01 PM
  • Thank you for all the very helpful information.

I have now located a UK Money 2002 Personal & Business CD for sale for not very much money, so will buy that.

Thanks again for all the contributions; they are much appreciated.

Tuesday, April 30, 2019 2:33 PM
    • Edited by SC489 Saturday, July 6, 2019 1:38 PM
    Saturday, July 6, 2019 1:38 PM