redeploying failed RRS feed

• Question

•  

dear All,

first while import organization wizard I get a warnning say that the database version is defferent than which that I used but finally the Import failed with the following exception

Import Organization (Name=CPA, Id=a81af328-08b7-dd11-9b90-001e4ff16f06) failed with Exception:
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
       at Microsoft.Crm.BusinessEntities.BusinessProcessObject.SetChildEnumAttributesOnBusinessEntity(BusinessEntity entity, Int32 languageCode, ExecutionContext context)
       at Microsoft.Crm.BusinessEntities.BusinessProcessObject.DoRetrieve(BusinessEntity entity, EntityExpression entityExpression, ExecutionContext context, Int32 languageCode)
       at Microsoft.Crm.BusinessEntities.BusinessProcessObject.Retrieve(BusinessEntityMoniker moniker, EntityExpression entityExpression, ExecutionContext context, Int32[] deletionCodes, Int32 languageCode)
       at Microsoft.Crm.BusinessEntities.BusinessProcessObject.Retrieve(BusinessEntityMoniker moniker, EntityExpression entityExpression, ExecutionContext context)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Caching.OrganizationSettingsCacheLoader.LoadCacheData(Guid key, ExecutionContext context)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Caching.ObjectModelCacheLoader`2.LoadCacheData(TKey key, IOrganizationContext context)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Caching.BasicCrmCache`2.CreateEntry(TKey key, IOrganizationContext context)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Caching.BasicCrmCache`2.LookupEntry(TKey key, IOrganizationContext context)
       at Microsoft.Crm.BusinessEntities.SecurityLibrary.GetOrganizationSystemUser(Guid org, IOrganizationContext context)
       at Microsoft.Crm.BusinessEntities.SystemUserContext..ctor(ExecutionContext context, Boolean switchAuditingInfo)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Admin.ImportOrganizationInstaller.RepublishWorkflow(ExecutionContext context, WorkflowUIData workflowData)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Admin.ImportOrganizationInstaller.ProcessWorkflowUIData(ExecutionContext context)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Admin.ImportOrganizationInstaller.Import(Guid organizationId, String organizationUniqueName, String organizationFriendlyName, String sqlServerName, String databaseName, Uri reportServerUrl, String privilegedUserGroupName, String sqlAccessGroupName, String userGroupName, String reportingGroupName, String privilegedReportingGroupName, ICollection`1 users, MultipleTenancy multipleTenancy)

according to the log file this error directly comes after successfully users mapping

any body have an idea

Best Regards,

Thursday, November 20, 2008 2:12 PM

Answers

• Bryan -

Editing the Config database is not supported nor would it be easy to accomplish - you may be better off creating a new organization and importing your data from the 'old' database into your new database - (an admittedly time-consuming task, but you'll have a cleaner database.)

Scott Sewell CustomerEffective.com
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Tuesday, March 10, 2009 8:36 PM
    Tuesday, March 10, 2009 5:39 PM

All replies

• Are all computer systems the same for the system that you are trying to import from and to?  For example, do the OS, SQL, CRM version and other system components match from one system to the other?  If so, what are you running on both systems?  At what point do you receive the database error message and what did you do to correct that error?

Friday, November 21, 2008 4:33 PM
  • all software are typically in the same version ;operating system and SQL Server. CRM server setup is up to date with the latest update from microsoft.the only one difference is to deploy to single server instead of multiple server deployment.

I tried many times the error is the same but sometimes the import wizard told me to delete the new organization manually and sometimes the wizard failed even before creating the new organization.

I get a warning during system requirments check step in import organization wizard:

"The organization database selected for import is a different version than the organization database that is currently deployed."

but I do not know how to overcome this warning since the SQL server have the same version and the new deployment of the CRM is up to date.

Sunday, November 23, 2008 11:17 AM
  • Can you provide the steps you took to import the Organization.  Is this a clustered environment?

Monday, November 24, 2008 12:35 PM
  • First, No clustring for both old and new deployment

after installing prerequisites (windows 2003 SP2,SQL 2005 with reporting service, Active Directory), The following steps take place:

• Installing CRM with selecting to create a new Organization (with any name)
    • Restoring the backup of the old organization to a new database
    • Creating user on the active directory and creating the users mapping file
    • starting "Import Orgainzation Wizard" from deployment manager
    • Entering the Organization name
    • pointing to the restored database and reporting service URL
    • selecting auto mapping users using the mapping file
    • the wizard start system requirements check then I receive the previous mentioned warning about the database version
    • Wizard start importing then I receive the message of "Import failed with exception"
    • Accroding to the log file of the import process, the exception takes place after successfully adding accounts

thank you for you help

Monday, November 24, 2008 1:38 PM
  • I assume you are redeploying a CRM 4 environment.  Try this:

Restore your SQL backup and then install CRM to an existing database (point the install to the restored database).  Also, ensure that you can open the Report Server in a browser (http://nameSQLserver)//reportserver before beginning the install

Does that install method above work for you?

Monday, November 24, 2008 2:31 PM
  • Hello,

I got the same problem, I only have the organization database where can not be restored, can i modify the version information in mscrm_config db directly ?

thank you in advance
    Monday, March 9, 2009 10:57 PM
  • Bryan -

Editing the Config database is not supported nor would it be easy to accomplish - you may be better off creating a new organization and importing your data from the 'old' database into your new database - (an admittedly time-consuming task, but you'll have a cleaner database.)

Scott Sewell CustomerEffective.com
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Tuesday, March 10, 2009 8:36 PM
    Tuesday, March 10, 2009 5:39 PM
  •  thank you Scott
    Can I use some SQL Server integrated tool to migrate the data from my old CRM_v4 database to a new one if the cutomization is the same ? instead of using DMM or application to migrate data.

I saw some one he can modify the crm database directly, but do the operation in the database not in the View. Is it support ?

Thanks again
    Wednesday, March 11, 2009 5:11 PM