Question about Email Templates in CRM 4.0 RRS feed

• Question

• For a user to view email templates is not completely controlled by the read privilege of email templates within the security setup.  For instance  + a Privlige for the  Organizational in Business Management  can be set to Read.  This same role has Business Unit set to Business Unit level.  We have reporting dropdowns (as an example) that we need to limit to just those business units a particular role should see.  However, by having Business Unit at business unit level this role is NOT able to view e-mail templates that were created by a user outside of their business unit.  In order for this role to view templates created by a user outside of their business unit their role must be modified so that Business Unit has Organizational level permission granted just like on the E-mail template security permission.  I would expect that having organizational access on E-mail template within security  would be all that is required. 
    Saturday, June 11, 2011 12:38 AM

All replies

• Just curious if you can monkey with the business units privleges to see new email templates by others in another business unit instead of marking organization to green in security role or there a privilege thing elsewhere>?
    Wednesday, June 15, 2011 1:59 AM
  • I met a similar problem, that is : some email templates should be only visible par a group of users (or a team, or a business unit). But after the test, or the email template is visible for the creator, or it is visible for all the organization. We can not make it visible for a business unit, but not for the other.

Is it normal? Or we missed some additional configurations?

Thanks all

Friday, June 17, 2011 9:52 AM
  • Well i tried explaining this to the user, he wants the parent business unit to only have the options to create email templates, and child business units to only view them only.  If you set the security role in child business units to half green for read in core records in their security role and red for everything else, then wouldn't you need to go to the business management tab of that security role to mark the business unit to half green?  Then for Parent Bu set them to yellow in core records to do whatever as well in BU, this is for 4.0, but in bus management tab to yellow?  I thought i tested this by creating email templates by a higher security role in a parent bus unit then with a lesser security role for another user with a child business unit i would try to insert a created email template for a lead in tasks, i was able to view the created template , but this user is still havin visibility issues. I figured by design you cannot do this somehow.
    Tuesday, June 21, 2011 11:59 PM