MAC error 409 RRS feed

• Question

• Unable to Sign in to Mesh Client on MAC. It worked just for a day...

1. Live Mesh Agent is returning Error 409. 
    2. Mesh.com website on MAC safari wont load. It goes in infinite loop between live.com and mesh.com...wired?
    3. Trace Log shows: Mesh failed to retrieve signed-in identities - error(WLC: 0x80048A01) 
    4. On VISTA It shows MAC online, whereas MAC agent still appears to be offline with SIGN in ERROR 409.

Tuesday, November 4, 2008 6:46 PM

Answers

• i noticed on mesh.com my MAC Agent kept doing the sync even while MAC agent still shows the STATE as not logged. (Error 409)

After playing around on MAC I got it to sign in. I had to reinstall the MAC agent and after replacing the "Live Mesh.APP". it no longer gives me Error 409. 

I'm suspecting there got to be something in the app package content which returns Error 409. Even though it is logged in and does the Sync.

Tuesday, November 4, 2008 7:05 PM

All replies

• i noticed on mesh.com my MAC Agent kept doing the sync even while MAC agent still shows the STATE as not logged. (Error 409)

After playing around on MAC I got it to sign in. I had to reinstall the MAC agent and after replacing the "Live Mesh.APP". it no longer gives me Error 409. 

I'm suspecting there got to be something in the app package content which returns Error 409. Even though it is logged in and does the Sync.

Tuesday, November 4, 2008 7:05 PM
  • Hi Abhishek,

Here are some detailed replies from our developers:

#1:  If you're getting a “409” error on sign-in then you are already signed-in (we have seen periodic timing errors during Moe auto-sign-in cause this). You should see that the mesh icon is “lit up” (all black) and you can just cancel the sign-in dialog or (if the icon isn’t lit for some reason) restart the application. In any case, sync is already happening if you're in this state. Also, you shouldn't see this if you aren’t using auto-sign-in.

#2:  This has to do with the web site and is not an issue with the Mac client. To resolve it you will have to clean out your cookies in Safari.

#3:  This log message is actually expected in many circumstances and is not indicative of an error.

#4:  This is, of course, because the Mac is online... See the response for #1. :)

I hope that helps,

Ben.
    Tuesday, November 4, 2008 7:25 PM