Importing data from SalesForce ParentId lookup failures RRS feed

• Question

• Thanks for helping.

I've been trying the import wizard and the SalesForce Full Data Export map to import our SF data (Accounts and Contacts for a test) but getting lots of errors in the Transform on the ParentId column stating The lookup reference cannot be resolved.

These occur for all records that have a ParentId of another account, sub-account.  I've tried several sorts and even a simple 2 account data file with no success.  Checked the Data Map, the ParentId map is fixed to "Internal" and can not be changed.

Does the Import Wizard support parent-child account relationships?

Thanks for the help,

Al

Al

Saturday, March 7, 2015 1:42 PM

All replies

• Upon further testing, several weeks later, the first import of the same data file succeeded and created the parent/child account structure.  How ever after deleting and re importing the errors occur.

It's my guess that the system does not immediately delete records and when attempting second import of the data, the deleted records are restored, with a system assigned id, thus the ParentId lookup fails.

If true then this makes it near impossible to do trial data imports.  The import is rather fickle and I never get the map and all files clean for a perfect import each time.

So if true, how long do I need to wait for the records to be disposed so I can try another import???

Al

Al

Friday, April 17, 2015 7:59 PM