Live onecare lasted 3 days for the 2nd time RRS feed

• Question

•  

We are noe back to having no live onecare & for the 2nd time we get no error message. I cannot get into 1 care to make the change you recommended with my previous post.

Same result just a box stating "Windows Live 1 Care cannot Continue" followed with "The Windows Onecare service is not working or has been stopped. To correct this problem try restarting your computer. If the problem persists , contact support"

The next try at reinstalling this product will be my 3rd! ( How many times can I try reinstalling this product before windows shuts me down?

I am not a very good computer person but this seems very trying to get a product that stays up for 3 days at a time at most?

Do you have any good solutions or recommendations! How do I go about getting phone & or email help as well as a response to this post.

I do appreciate your responses but my problem keeps recurring. Please help!

Saturday, December 1, 2007 5:42 AM

Answers

All replies

•  

Live onecare started up again tonight around the 5th restart? Why not the other times? Now the good news. I was able to change my PC to not a hub pc which has corrected the previous problem of Livecare thinking that I had 2 computers instead of one! Your answer to my 2nd post was great! Many thanks.

I still remain confused on why onecare refuses to start! & may leave me vulnerable at times. Any ideas Thanks again

Saturday, December 1, 2007 7:58 AM
  • I'm glad that you got the hub situation resolved, but the starting problem seems to indicate that something is conflicting with OneCare at startup. You may want to have support take a look at it - 

How to reach support - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Sunday, December 2, 2007 10:15 PM