none
Driving on a specific highway RRS feed

• Question

• I am using S&T 2009.   I am trying to plan a trip from Natchez, MS to Nashville, TN.  I want to drive the Natchez Trace Parkway the whole way.   Is there an easy way to force S&T to use this road?   When I tried to plan the trip, S&T routed me off the Parkway even between short distances.
    Saturday, August 20, 2011 4:25 PM

All replies

• Hi Hlrjrl,

The following discussion talks about the very topic. A different highway is discussed, but it should show you a way to accomplish your goal. How to force Streets & Trips to follow scenic routes, i.e. Blue Ridge Parkway

Laptop GPS World

Saturday, August 20, 2011 11:15 PM
  • Unofortunately, the Natchez Trace Parkway is neither the fastest nor the shortest route between Natchez and Nashville so you have to make 'manual' adjustments to gain that routing.  Nonetheless, that is not too difficult.  Start by selecting "Shortest" as your preferred route type under route options and then all one has to do is 'drag' the route to points along the NTP until it is all on that road.  I found that I only needed to add about 7 points (2 in urban Nashville alone) to accomplish a NTP-only route.
    • Proposed as answer by Philip K1 Sunday, August 21, 2011 3:32 AM
    Sunday, August 21, 2011 3:31 AM
  • Thanks, that worked.  I tried it between Natchez and Vickburg and it took about 6 adjustments.  This provides a estimate of the time to travel only, since once I get on the Natchez Trace Parkway I won't get off it except to eat and get gas and maybe an overnight stop.   It would be nice if there were an option for Scenic Route, in addition to Fastest and Shortest.

Monday, August 22, 2011 9:30 PM