Error: <The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation> RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I what to try and possibly buy Songsmith, but when I try to run the SongsmithSetup.1.03.msi installation package on my Windows 10 Home I get the followng error:

<The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation>

It appears that the package is not correctly signed and the system refuse to run it.

Is there a way to solve this problem?

Thank you very much,

Stefano

Wednesday, June 8, 2016 8:18 AM

Answers

• Sorry you're having trouble installing Songsmith.

If you downloaded Songsmith from our Web page, it is signed; if you right-click on the installer and click "Digital Signatures", you should see that it's signed by "Microsoft Corporation".  If this is not the case, please verify that you downloaded the installer from research.microsoft.com/songsmith .

Assuming you have the right installer, can you confirm that you are an administrator on this computer, which is generally required for installing software?

Assuming that you are an administrator, the next thing I would try (I know this is a hassle, sorry) is running the setup program as an administrator.  There is a good guide here:

http://www.intowindows.com/how-to-run-msi-file-as-administrator-from-command-prompt-in-windows/

If you've gotten this far, and you have the right setup program, and you're an administrator on the machine, and you tried running the setup program as an administrator explicitly, and you still can't install, let us know.

-Dan from the Songsmith Team

Thursday, October 20, 2016 3:13 PM
    Owner