none
Speech Service WebSocket protocol - Send Binary Message. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm triyng to use the  Speech Service WebSocket protocol in Unity and the SpeechClient library doesn't works, so i have to manually connect to websocket, then send messages.

But i can't find a example of a binary message for a websocket.

Any idea or method for add the headers + audio in a one binary?

Regards.-
    • Moved by Fei Hu Wednesday, February 7, 2018 8:36 AM azure technology related
    Monday, February 5, 2018 12:51 PM

All replies

• Hello Onsterion,

The webSocket is not a protocol, it works at transport layer and services for TCP ,UDP, etc protocol. And message that transports on the internet must be binary format. I have no idea with the "headers" meaning.

If you want to take extra info to server side. you need to know the server side how to parse the client stream, Or look up the relating document about server expected format. Socket code examples.

Best regards,

Neil Hu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 6, 2018 8:09 AM
  • Well in this url (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/cognitive-services/speech/api-reference-rest/websocketprotocol#client-originated-messages) it says Speech Service WebSocket protocol.

I saw the documents and i tested many ways to generate the binary message but  i fail, so i need people with experience in this. Thanks.

Tuesday, February 6, 2018 12:31 PM
  • Hello Onsterion,

Your issues is more related to azure technology, you need to repost a new thread to azure forum for better solution and professional support.

If you have some grammar or code errors in using C#, please feel free to contact us. We will try our best to give you a solution.

Best Regards,

Neil Hu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Fei Hu Wednesday, February 7, 2018 8:36 AM
    Wednesday, February 7, 2018 8:35 AM