question RRS feed

• Question

• I bought this omputer 1 year ago and have live one care about to finish. I bought a laptop a few months ago and have live one care on that as well, with a new key I think. Can I load that one care on my desk top rather than renew?
    Sunday, March 29, 2009 8:00 PM

Answers

• If you are using OneCare on two PCs with different subscriptions, yes, you can uninstall on the one that is expiring and install/activate with the LiveID for the second subscription. Check the status of your subscription for each PC by opening OneCare and clicking Help/About. The subscription ID shown is the LiveID for your subscription. Sign in at https://billing.microsoft.com to check the status of each subscription (under each LiveID). If the older PC subscription was purchased online, it will autorenew and your credit card billed for renewal if you do not contact support to cancel it. If the new PC only has a trial copy installed, then you obviously need to purchase a subscription or activate OneCare with the LiveID from your original subscription and then renew.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Sunday, March 29, 2009 8:29 PM