CRM 2013 Online - Advanced Find of all Contacts associated with a field populated in the Accounts entity RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone,

Is it possible for Marketing purposes to create a query in Advanced Find that allows you return all Contacts associated with an Account? (CRM 2013 Online).

The organisation I am working with is wanting to create business sector categories in the Account entity and not Contact; but they still want to be able to create Marketing Lists and Campaigns that get sent to all Contacts and not just the Primary Contact associated with an Account.

Can this be done?

Many thanks

Mark.

Tuesday, January 7, 2014 11:18 AM

All replies

• Hi Mark,

As far as I know, when you set your Marketing List to categories Account --> its ListMember can be only Account and not Contact.

and what do you mean "all Contacts and not just the Primary Contact associated with an Account."? what relationship between Account and Contact? As long as you don't use filter condition which is not supported by fetchXML, you can use a known relationship to retrieve related entity record.

Hope it helps.

• Edited by Linh Giang Tuesday, January 7, 2014 11:46 AM typo
    Tuesday, January 7, 2014 11:45 AM
  • Hi Linh

Many thanks for your reply.

We want to find all the Contacts that have been associated with each company...

---------

Find All Contacts

Where Accounts field "Consulting Keyword" = "Legal Services"

---------

So I am wanting to pull every Contact associated with a Company where a field setup in the Account area has "Legal Services" in it!

Hopefully this makes some sense :-)

Thanks

Mark.

Tuesday, January 7, 2014 12:16 PM
  • Hi Mark,

Your condition is suitable for fetchXML, and I think it's easy to do it with fetchXML (Advance Find).

For example:

<fetch version="1.0" output-format="xml-platform" mapping="logical" distinct="false">
      <entity name="contact">
        <attribute name="fullname" />
        <order attribute="fullname" descending="false" />
        <link-entity name="account" from="accountid" to="parentcustomerid" alias="ab">
          <filter type="and">
            <condition attribute="Consulting Keyword" operator="equal" value="Legal Services" />
          </filter>
        </link-entity>
      </entity>
    </fetch>

The link-entity depends on which relationship Contact associated with Company. You can modify it without any problem.

Hope it help.

• Edited by Linh Giang Wednesday, January 8, 2014 7:23 AM
    Wednesday, January 8, 2014 7:22 AM