One way Sync from Storage Card RRS feed

• Question

• I've created a Mesh Folder on my Storage Card using the Live Mesh Application on my HTC TyTN II (WM 6.0)
    Then added that Mesh Folder to my PC (XP SP3)
    Files from the phone is synced to Live Desktop and the PC - But not the other way around.

If I add a mesh folder to the main memory, it works both way.

In File Explorer I've see two SD Cards: One Labeled Storage Card, One labeled Bluetooth - Don't now if this has anything to do with this behavior

hanshg
    Monday, November 3, 2008 2:00 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Are the files in question larger than 10MB?  Or is there less than 10% memory available on your storage card?  If you can send us your logs, we can take a closer look to determine what might be going on.

Instructions for submitting logs:

1. Connect the mobile device to your PC.
    2. Start the Windows Mobile Device Center, and ensure that it shows the mobile device as Connected.
    3. Select File Management, and copy all the logs from \Application Data\Live Mesh\Data\Log on the device to your PC.  
    4. Please zip all those logs and email them to us at lmprev@microsoft.com, ATTN: Mobile: Logs Request.

Thanks,

Ben.
    • Proposed as answer by Ben [Live Mesh] Monday, November 3, 2008 9:05 PM
    • Marked as answer by hanshg Tuesday, November 4, 2008 2:16 PM
    Monday, November 3, 2008 9:04 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Are the files in question larger than 10MB?  Or is there less than 10% memory available on your storage card?  If you can send us your logs, we can take a closer look to determine what might be going on.

Instructions for submitting logs:

1. Connect the mobile device to your PC.
    2. Start the Windows Mobile Device Center, and ensure that it shows the mobile device as Connected.
    3. Select File Management, and copy all the logs from \Application Data\Live Mesh\Data\Log on the device to your PC.  
    4. Please zip all those logs and email them to us at lmprev@microsoft.com, ATTN: Mobile: Logs Request.

Thanks,

Ben.
    • Proposed as answer by Ben [Live Mesh] Monday, November 3, 2008 9:05 PM
    • Marked as answer by hanshg Tuesday, November 4, 2008 2:16 PM
    Monday, November 3, 2008 9:04 PM
  • Hi,

Is the 10% free memory a hard limit? It's a 2GB card with around 80MB free... But I've only trying 2 sync 3 Excel files totaling 57 KB, so 80 MB free should be enough ;-)

I've mailed the logs

Regards,

hanshg

Tuesday, November 4, 2008 8:54 AM
  • I have the same problem with the TyTN/Hermes on WM6. After discovering that I had 5% Free space, or 50MB Free. I deleted some Audio Tracks to get to 100 Mb/10% Free, and it now syncs the two 20KB word files back down.

Thanks for the Update before November, I can write on my PDA for NaNoWriMo.
    Tuesday, November 4, 2008 12:37 PM
  • I can confirm this issue. Hadn't realised it was 10% storage card related so either there needs to be a clearer explanation or a lowering of the limit.
    Tuesday, November 4, 2008 1:54 PM
  •  Hi

After I cleared up 250 MB on my 2 GB card the sync works both ways - So I've think it's time to buy a larger card - Just a shame I need to keep 800 MB free on a 8 GB card....

I think the 10% limit makes sense when we are using the main memory - You don't want that to be filled 100%

But on Storage Card it should be a more soft limit...

Regards, and thanks for the answer

hanshg
    Tuesday, November 4, 2008 2:15 PM
  • I think this should be a user configurable limit in megabytes, not percentage.  Using a percentage doesn't scale well as newer devices and cards are released, with higher values (as has been explained very well with the 8GB SD card description, above.)
    Monday, November 10, 2008 4:59 AM