none
Long threads load time RRS feed

• Question

• is making it very unpleasant to use the Forums.

i. e. http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/winserver8gen/thread/446638d2-b043-4d53-a141-f6742f607d56 with more than 200 postings needs minutes to load, while IE remains in unresponsive state.

Maybe split up such threads into multiple pages or improve the performance seriously. Microsoft Answers does this split up, but unfortunately always opens page 1. So a feature which I really miss, is that from other forum software to jump directly to the first unread posting in the thread if you don't open the thread the first time.

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 1:12 PM

Answers

• Hello Olaf,

Your observation is correct. Thanks for reporting.

I have split the original thread and new thread has been created for future replies. Old thread has been locked !

Here is the new thread

New Start menu is slowing me down in Server 8 - PART 2

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserver8gen/thread/ad8949f1-894c-4384-9f1b-caaab17eb5ca

Thanks

Regards, Santosh

I do not represent the organisation I work for, all the opinions expressed here are my own.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.

Whenever you see a helpful reply, click on Alternate Text Vote As Helpful & click on Alternate Text Mark As Answer if a post answers your question.

• Proposed as answer by Naomi NModerator Wednesday, November 14, 2012 6:10 PM
    • Marked as answer by Olaf Engelke Wednesday, November 14, 2012 9:13 PM
    Wednesday, November 14, 2012 4:42 PM

All replies

• Hello Olaf,

Your observation is correct. Thanks for reporting.

I have split the original thread and new thread has been created for future replies. Old thread has been locked !

Here is the new thread

New Start menu is slowing me down in Server 8 - PART 2

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserver8gen/thread/ad8949f1-894c-4384-9f1b-caaab17eb5ca

Thanks

Regards, Santosh

I do not represent the organisation I work for, all the opinions expressed here are my own.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.

Whenever you see a helpful reply, click on Alternate Text Vote As Helpful & click on Alternate Text Mark As Answer if a post answers your question.

• Proposed as answer by Naomi NModerator Wednesday, November 14, 2012 6:10 PM
    • Marked as answer by Olaf Engelke Wednesday, November 14, 2012 9:13 PM
    Wednesday, November 14, 2012 4:42 PM
  • with more than 200 postings needs minutes to load, while IE remains in unresponsive state.

@ Olaf

When you know that this is going to happen, launch the thread in its own tab and then don't try to go to it until it is ready.  Then you can still use IE for other things both in the launching tab and in other new tabs.

FYI

Robert
    ---

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 7:46 PM
  • Yes, but this is not in the sense of productivity. If you compare the performance with the performance you get i.e. on Amazon forums for similar long threads, you may see, what I mean.

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 9:44 PM