Really struggling with Importing Contacts into Parent Customer RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys

I have been searching all over the internet for various ways to do this but after 3 full working days i am stuck and pulling my hair out.

I have a CRM 2011 on Premises and i am exporting data out to CRM 2015 On-Premises 

So far I have successfully Imported Accounts, we have several of the same account names but they differ in addresses.

Such as:

Account 1, This street here, BB1 9EU

Account 1, Different street here, BE7 6KR

Now i have contacts that have a parent customers of the above two accounts.

When i import via .csv I get the option of "Company Name (Lookup)" so i use this and my lookup reference from research should be Account: Zip/Post Code since they will always differ

The way i see it is you need to map something that is different between each account and the post code is in my case.

When doing this i get "The Lookup Reference Could Not Be Resolved" - Parent Customer.

I feel i am doing something wrong when actually using the lookup there are two fields Account and Contact and i always use Account > Zip/Post Code. I have also tried importing the contacts without the Company Name Mapped and all goes through fine but i need to associate them to the parent customer.

What am i doing wrong??

• Edited by JamesM90 Saturday, October 10, 2015 10:12 AM edit
    Saturday, October 10, 2015 10:11 AM

All replies

• Do you get the error for all contacts or only some? A simple reading of the error would be that the Post Code on some of your contact records does not match that on any account records, is that possible?

What you are doing, by the way, should work.

Tuesday, October 13, 2015 7:39 PM