stop c0000135 basepukc32 error RRS feed

• Question

•  

the only information i can find on this error is after i get windows started and to stop future occurances. but i cant get windows started. i am using a dell which is probley my first mistake. actually it is my builders computer i built my computer but i installed windows onecare and it had a virus installer it was getting rid of and only 202 viruses it had cleaned. 630 reg errors. this was the online check before the install. on installing the onecare it did its first scan and it needed to restart and that is when this error has come into existance.

any help is much appreciated.

Sunday, June 22, 2008 8:58 PM

Answers

• Here are a few things you can try. Power on the computer and after post and before Windows begins to load press the F8 key repeatedly. When the startup options screen appears select "Last Known Good Configuration". If that does not work repeat the process and select "Safe Mode".  In safe mode go to Start>Run and type "%AppData%\Windows Live Safety Center\Backup" without the quotes. A folder should open and there should be a file that ends with .reg. Right click the .reg file and select "Merge". This will restore the registry entries that were removed by the Live Safety Scanner and may resolve the issue. If this does not work I suggest contacting support. How to reach support - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

Sunday, June 22, 2008 9:41 PM

All replies

• Here are a few things you can try. Power on the computer and after post and before Windows begins to load press the F8 key repeatedly. When the startup options screen appears select "Last Known Good Configuration". If that does not work repeat the process and select "Safe Mode".  In safe mode go to Start>Run and type "%AppData%\Windows Live Safety Center\Backup" without the quotes. A folder should open and there should be a file that ends with .reg. Right click the .reg file and select "Merge". This will restore the registry entries that were removed by the Live Safety Scanner and may resolve the issue. If this does not work I suggest contacting support. How to reach support - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

Sunday, June 22, 2008 9:41 PM
  •  

it will not work in last known or in safe mode at all. think i have tried those options 50 times already before i wrote the tread. thanks for the reply.
    Monday, June 23, 2008 1:46 AM
  • went thru all of onecare support. nothing. went thru all dell support. nothing. will never buy a dell product again.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 5:39 AM
  • I'm sorry to read that you apparently reached dead ends with OneCare support and Dell Support. I assume that Dell suggested that you reinstall Windows. What did OneCare support do or say?

Is this XP? You may still be able to recover from whatever happened. Have a look at the information here: http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

-steve

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 2:42 PM