off topic - printer install issue RRS feed

• General discussion

• My Lexmark X7350 worked initially with new HP Pavilion a6500f but then stopped with error message "Printer Communication System stopped working and was closed. A problem caused the application to stop working correctly. Windows will notify you if a solution is available." WHEN, will they notify me and HOW? because I need my printer to work now, otherwise what was the point of buying A NEW COMPUTER???????

Wednesday, October 8, 2008 12:31 AM

All replies

• You're off topic for this forum, which is dedicated to Windows Live OneCare. You may want to try the Microsoft Public newsgroups here: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx or contact HP and/or Lexmark for help with the printer.

When a program crashes and the crash dump is submitted to Microsoft, that data is collected and analyzed along with millions of other reports. If the problem is due to a bug in Windows itself, an update will typically be released. You would not be notified directly of this, but in Vista's Problem Reports and Solutions, you can check for solutions and if one is available, it will be shown there.

-steve

Wednesday, October 8, 2008 3:52 PM