Migration Wizard - Accounts are missing? RRS feed

• Question

• I tried to use the Migration Wizard to move my data from FRx 6.7 to management reporter.  I received a message that "Windows Authentication is not supported by Dynamics GP" during the migration, but I know I specified SQL authentication throughout the wizard (in the company credentials screen.)  I have companies, rows, columns, and trees, but my rows don't have any accounts in them.

Is there a way to delete the Management Reporter database and start again from scratch?  Or, can I just re-run the wizard to correct the problem?  I guess what I'm asking is how do I start over?

Is it possible to migrate one company at a time, or do I need to migrate all the companies at the same time?

Wednesday, May 19, 2010 8:12 PM

All replies

• Hello,

There are a few things you can check:

Make sure that the databases you use for both FRx and Management Reporter both have the correct natural segment selected under Tools | Setup | Account Format. Be sure to run Checklinks and rebuild the FRx .G32 if necessary.

If these databases are not the same or if the natural segment is off this will cause problems.

To start over you can either run the Migration again which will wipe out all data or you can delete the ManagementReporter database, uninstall the server components and reinstall.

You can migrate one company at a time but you have to export the .tdbx as everything will get wiped out when you migrate the second.

Thanks

Ryan

Thursday, May 20, 2010 3:54 PM