Fast multiple activation RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, at my company we just buy about 15 new Acer laptop with Vista Home Basic pre-install on them. Since we had to configure all of them the same way, we make a ghost of one that we had pre-configured and but it on all the other laptop.

Now here comes the problem : Vista says that the version isn't activated and when put the product key we found on the laptop, it's said it's invalid. After some research, we found out that the problems comes from the fact that it's a OEM version and that the version is validate an other way. So, we decide to call the automated phone activation and after talking to someone, and giving him all the number, we were able to active the version on the computer.

So, the problem is not really that I can't validate my version. It's just that calling 14 other times is a little bit long and I just want to know if there's a way to automate the process or some others way to do it

Thanks in advance.
    Tuesday, June 12, 2007 5:51 PM

Answers

• There is no simple solution to your problem other than calling Microsoft to obtain a new activation code for each computer.
    Tuesday, June 12, 2007 8:33 PM