Activation Problem RRS feed

• Question

• I have been running Microsoft Money since 2000, currently described as Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe Version 17.0.120.1415. Have also installed Sunset in 2012. Just got a new computer running Windows 7 Pro (previous PC was running Windows 10). Money now tells me I have 60 days to enter an activation code or it won't accept any new transactions after the 60 day period. New PC is about 3 weeks old so I have 5 weeks to solve this problem as I didn't record or keep the previous activation codes. Still have the following application files: MoneyPlus-DIx-US-QF-E1 May 2009 and USMoneyDIxSunset July 2012. From previous questions I understand Microsoft has turned off the activation process so I am not sure how to continue 17 years of use and could use some guidance. Many thanks.
    Thursday, July 6, 2017 9:01 PM

Answers

• See the second "sticky" thread in this forum:

https://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/479281b2-90f9-42ca-85f7-644fc6e1e5c3/download-microsoft-money-installation-files-solve-activation-and-some-other-errors?forum=money

and download and install US Money Plus Deluxe Sunset.  No activation is needed.

You should also do the replacement of the mnyob99.dll file as described in the first "sticky" thread in this forum:

https://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d28d6921-1f01-430f-b33e-f5a3ec47077b/important-patch-for-money-plus-maybe-20062007-mnyob99dll?forum=money

Post back if you need help with any of this.

Bill Becker

• Marked as answer by dopnal66 Friday, July 7, 2017 5:07 PM
    Friday, July 7, 2017 2:23 AM

All replies

• See the second "sticky" thread in this forum:

https://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/479281b2-90f9-42ca-85f7-644fc6e1e5c3/download-microsoft-money-installation-files-solve-activation-and-some-other-errors?forum=money

and download and install US Money Plus Deluxe Sunset.  No activation is needed.

You should also do the replacement of the mnyob99.dll file as described in the first "sticky" thread in this forum:

https://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d28d6921-1f01-430f-b33e-f5a3ec47077b/important-patch-for-money-plus-maybe-20062007-mnyob99dll?forum=money

Post back if you need help with any of this.

Bill Becker

• Marked as answer by dopnal66 Friday, July 7, 2017 5:07 PM
    Friday, July 7, 2017 2:23 AM
  • Thanks very much for the response. I've looked at the threads you identified but there are some further issues. Everything was working fine in Money until the file transfer to the new PC June 7th. I think the person who did that for me just did a copy and paste; I believe no program files came across, just a snapshot of the financial files. For example, if I enter .mnyob99.dll in the search box, no files are found. Further, as of this morning, some of our financial records are missing in Money. It is exactly 30 days since the file transfer so I don't know if the date is significant, as the program has been asking for an activation code for the last month. I have full backup of the Money files as of yesterday on a USB drive. If I download Deluxe Sunset, then uninstall Money Plus before I install Deluxe Sunset, is there a way to import the backed up records from the USB drive to Sunset?
    Friday, July 7, 2017 3:09 PM
  • All of your money data is in a .mny file, - usually Money.mny.   If you been using Money Plus then all of your recent entries will be in that file on your new computer.  Locate that file, verify that it has a recent "Modified" date, and make a copy to a flash drive or other medium so that you have a backup in case of problems.

Next, uninstall Money Plus and install US Money Plus Deluxe Sunset using the downloaded installation file.  Verify that you can open your most recent Money.mny file and that all your recent entries are there.

Once US Money Plus Deluxe Sunset is installed, you will be able to locate the mnyob99.dll file.  I'll post details on how to do that shortly.

Bill Becker

• Proposed as answer by Bill Becker Friday, July 7, 2017 6:22 PM
    Friday, July 7, 2017 3:26 PM
  • A good description of how to do the mnyob99.dll replacement is in:

https://microsoftmoneyoffline.wordpress.com/2012/12/02/windows-8-64-bit-version-compatibility-with-sunset-money/

To get to the "Radio Buttons" that Ameridan refers to, do the following in Windows 7:

- Open Windows Explorer (a search on "Explorer" will find it )

- Select the "Organize" dropdown menu and click on "Folder and Search Options"

-  In the pop-up window, select the "View" tab

This will give you a list of options and you can make the changes that Ameridan describes.

Once you have made the replacement, you may want to go back and reverse the "View" changes.

Bill Becker

• Marked as answer by dopnal66 Friday, July 7, 2017 5:03 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by dopnal66 Friday, July 7, 2017 5:04 PM
    Friday, July 7, 2017 3:39 PM
  • All complete and appears to be running just fine. Again many thanks for your fine help.

Don

Friday, July 7, 2017 5:06 PM