Post Installation issues Januray 2009 ( MS09-001 KB958687) RRS feed

• Question

• Post Installation issues:  Security update January 2009

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/Bulletin/MS09-001.mspx

Microsoft has released very critical Security update on "January 13, 2009". This space is for reporting any post installation issues of the above security update on any particular Operating system, Application or any 3rd party application (If any).

Report : Post installation issues of MS09-001 (IF ANY)

Note: Through this post installation, this can be verify whether most of the user \ people are facing common \same issues. Which helps to resolve the problem by discussing various points worldwide.

Regards,

Sohail Patel (MCSE- Patch Management Team)

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."

Monday, January 26, 2009 6:15 AM

All replies

• Hi there,

I am unable to install the KB958687 update. My computer will not allow it. Can you please help. Thanks

Thursday, January 29, 2009 4:59 AM
  • Can you please tell me exact error you getting while installation of the patch?

To check Exact Error Code go to "Review your update history"- clieck on failed (red cross icon) and check for the error code. According to error code resolution will be available.

Regds,"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."
    Monday, February 2, 2009 2:42 AM
  • This update KB958687 is causing me no end of problems on SBS2008

The update is installing correctly (according to updater) but it constantly says it is available as an update and hence installs it again. Long story short it shows as been successfully installed every day since it was released.. I have tried manually installing with the same result.

Any ideas ?

Odly I cant find any option to uninstall the update ? All I can see is bigger Microsoft Updates Sharepoint Services/Exchange etc
    Thursday, February 12, 2009 9:02 AM