The Communicator - Services Sign In dialog RRS feed

• Question

• In my lab I have one computer that is a member of some un-trusted domain. Communicator, certificates and cert-chain are installed on it and I can logon to the OCS-featured domain over TLS-transport.

Right now after each successful logon I get the Communicator - Services Sign In dialog with the User name and Password fields. Each time I press [Cancel] to skip the dialog.

What is the purpose of the dialog box? Outlook-integration related?

Wednesday, July 4, 2007 6:38 AM

Answers

• You are correct...that dialog is for the address book sync

Thursday, August 2, 2007 7:13 PM

All replies

• We don't get that sign-in box, but we are either domain members or clients that are part of a workgroup, not another domain. Have you tried to not hit Cancel, to login once? Does that make it go away for good?

Friday, July 27, 2007 5:02 PM
  • You are correct...that dialog is for the address book sync

Thursday, August 2, 2007 7:13 PM
  • We are experiencing the same problem within our OCS environment, with one additional symptom - users who cancel the Services Sign In dialog box are unable to search for other users in the Communicator client. Our implementation is also running on a seperate (and untrusted) domain. Originally this dialog box was not present but started in the pst several days - we have not determined what changes might have initiated this dialog box.

Chad A. Lacy [MSFT]  - "
    You are correct...that dialog is for the address book sync"

We've tested an alternate Outlook profile for the OCS domain to facilitate syncing the address book, but that doesn't appear to resolve the issue. Would the dialog box be supressed by creating a trust between the two domains?

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 7:07 PM