Phonecall - directioncode - malfunction RRS feed

• Question

• Hi @all,

I have a problem with the standard directioncode function in the phonecall entity.

Because of a customization mistake we have deleted the directioncode Attribute on the form by accident and have published and transported it.

And now we want to restore the switch recipient function for the directioncode field. After reenabling the field on the phonecall form the Standard recipient Switch function is not present without function.

Is there a way to reenabling the Standard function? Or should I develop a custom new "swap" function?

Our Environment: CRM 2011 - UR17

The standard function is working on the letter/fax activity type.

Kind regards,

Andreas Müller

AM

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 9:09 AM

Answers

• A safer variation on the previous suggestion is to use a vanilla environment (such as a newly created organisation), and create a solution with just the phonecall entity in it. Export this solution, and import it into your organisation, and you will have the original form and code

Microsoft CRM MVP - http://mscrmuk.blogspot.com/ http://www.excitation.co.uk

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 9:47 PM

All replies

• Have you deleted the directioncode field from Entity or just removed it from the form?

If you have deleted it from entity then you have to create a custom field and write code for switching recipient.

If you have just removed it from the Form you can add it to form and swap functionality will work as it was working before.

Regards, Saad

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 9:21 AM
  • I have only removed it from the form - not deleted.

And after readding the field to the form and Publishing it, the function is not working.

The recipients fields are untouched during the whole process.

AM

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 9:26 AM
  • Can you try to restart your browser and try again. If nothing happens i advise you to restart your server and try again.

Regards, Saad

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 9:32 AM
  • If Saad's suggestions do not work, you may have to

1. Write custom script to swap.

or

2. Create a new form, add the fields from existing form and deactivate the current form.

let us know how you progress.

cheers

Jithesh

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 10:55 AM
  • You need to write custom script.

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Training|Our Blog | Follow US | Our Facebook Page | Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Application Design
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 11:26 AM
  • Restart or IISReset brings no solution/effect.

I will write a custom script or I will try to recreate the form and deactivate the current form

AM

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 12:32 PM
  • I have seen similar actions like this before with CRM 4.  Some out of the box fields on forms had out of the box code behind them.  When the user removed the field from the form, it also removed the out of the box code that field had used.  When the user added the field back to the form, the out of the box code doesn't get added back.

To resolve the issue, the user had to export the entity from the problem machine, and also from a vanilla environment.  Then open and compare the XML to find the out of the box code that is missing from the problem machine.  Then that missing XML code can be copied over to faulty customizations and then imported back into the problematic environment.

Remember to always have a database backup or customizations backup before making and importing changes.

Jason Peterson

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 2:06 PM
  • A safer variation on the previous suggestion is to use a vanilla environment (such as a newly created organisation), and create a solution with just the phonecall entity in it. Export this solution, and import it into your organisation, and you will have the original form and code

Microsoft CRM MVP - http://mscrmuk.blogspot.com/ http://www.excitation.co.uk

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 9:47 PM
  • Thanks for the solution - David!

I have created a new organization and exported a clean fresh phonecall solution.

After that I have imported it and the directioncode function is present. I only have to redesign the different fields in order and have to readd the different custom JavaScripts functions and Triggers.

AM

Thursday, October 30, 2014 3:30 PM