pass parameter to silverlight web resource. ms crm 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

On click of ribbon button, im trying to open a html page which contains silverlight web resource (XAP file).

i need to pass the entity name(where button is available) to silverlight web resource.

what could be the way to achieve this ?

Thanks and Regards. Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Thursday, January 17, 2013 5:46 AM

Answers

• Hello,

That line is to use silverlight webresource directly to get entityname, but if you are planning to send crmparameter from ribbon button then, you need to use something like this , and need to read parameter in your silverlight.

Contact Me
    Follow me on Twitter
    My Facebook Page
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

• Marked as answer by Ravitheja J Thursday, January 17, 2013 8:40 AM
    Thursday, January 17, 2013 6:51 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Check this for how to get context information in silverlight webresource.

Contact Me
    Follow me on Twitter
    My Facebook Page
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Thursday, January 17, 2013 5:52 AM
  • hi , thanks for your reply.

this is what exactly im looking for.

i went through the link you have provided.

can you please guide me where exactly i have to use this line 

string entityTypeName = App.Current.Host.InitParams["typename"];

im passing entity logical name as a parameter as shown in below image.

i wanted to use the value of "App.Current.Host.InitParams["typename"]" in my silverlight web resource.

Thanks and Regards. Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

• Edited by Ravitheja J Thursday, January 17, 2013 6:22 AM
    Thursday, January 17, 2013 6:20 AM
  • Hello,

That line is to use silverlight webresource directly to get entityname, but if you are planning to send crmparameter from ribbon button then, you need to use something like this , and need to read parameter in your silverlight.

Contact Me
    Follow me on Twitter
    My Facebook Page

• Marked as answer by Ravitheja J Thursday, January 17, 2013 8:40 AM
    Thursday, January 17, 2013 6:51 AM
  • Thanks Mahender.

Thursday, January 17, 2013 8:40 AM