Fancy new virus, keeps IE from contacting windows help RRS feed

• Question

• I picked up some kind of virus from moveon.org (THANKS GUYS) and it got past F-secure and screwed up things royal.  One thing it did is make it appear that the link to windows malicious software program is broken.  Also can't get windows support or any windows help.  All come up as "broken links".

Anybody seen one like this and how do I get rid of it.  It keeps popping up random screens even with the virus "protection" I have.

Thanks.
    Thursday, January 1, 2009 9:43 PM

Answers

• Alfaone said:

I picked up some kind of virus from moveon.org (THANKS GUYS) and it got past F-secure and screwed up things royal.  One thing it did is make it appear that the link to windows malicious software program is broken.  Also can't get windows support or any windows help.  All come up as "broken links".

Anybody seen one like this and how do I get rid of it.  It keeps popping up random screens even with the virus "protection" I have.

Thanks.

Hi,

This is the support forum for Live Mesh, so I think you're in the wrong place.  Sounds like a bad situation, though, so best of luck to you finding a solution.

Thanks,

Ben.
    Monday, January 5, 2009 11:52 PM

All replies

• When did this turn into general windows support?
    Thursday, January 1, 2009 10:14 PM
  • Alfaone said:

I picked up some kind of virus from moveon.org (THANKS GUYS) and it got past F-secure and screwed up things royal.  One thing it did is make it appear that the link to windows malicious software program is broken.  Also can't get windows support or any windows help.  All come up as "broken links".

Thanks.

Hi,

This is the support forum for Live Mesh, so I think you're in the wrong place.  Sounds like a bad situation, though, so best of luck to you finding a solution.

Thanks,

Ben.
    Monday, January 5, 2009 11:52 PM