none
How to fetch excel data to asp.net form's gridview? RRS feed

• Question

• How to fetch excel data to asp.net form's gridview?

i am having error 

"Could not find installable ISAM"

• Moved by Stanly Fan Monday, October 29, 2018 2:06 AM
    Friday, October 26, 2018 8:06 AM

All replies

• Hello, 

Windows Forms - is completely different from ASP.NET technology.

Even if your message would be posted on proper forum - there are no enough information about what and how you doing to match error message to your code.

My guess would be - you specify wrong connection string or excel document contain some internal script and miss part of required installation. 

Sincerely, Highly skilled coding monkey.

Friday, October 26, 2018 8:12 AM
  • When working from a server your best options are using OpenXml or a third party library such as SpreadSheetLight (free) or GemBox SpreadSheet library (paid for).

OleDb and Excel automation and not wise to use on a server.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

Saturday, October 27, 2018 1:31 AM
  • Hi,

This forum is discussing and asking questions about the Windows Form and ClickOnce, it will be more appropriate to ask your question at ASP.NET Forums.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Stanly

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 29, 2018 2:06 AM