none
SyncToy 2.1 Overwrite Identical Files - Why?

Question

• I have synctoy 2.1 64bit.  I'm copying from one drive to another.  SyncbackPro to perform the original syncs and its set to copy creation date & time as well as set the Modified date and time to exactly the same as the original file.  When I created a synctoy job, it scans the folder pairs and wants to overwrite every single file.  However, in the preview scan view, I can see the files are identical.  And can also confirm they are identical when looking at the properties using windows explorer properties dialog.  The files have the exact same size, date, name, etc.  absolutely identical.  What gives?

ps.  when is the app going to be updated?

Monday, October 15, 2012 9:02 PM

All replies

• I have had the same problem, think I am just going to use robocopy .bat scripts. Seems this problem is quit common, I'd be keen to hear the solution.
    Thursday, October 18, 2012 5:49 AM
  • This is an old post, but I found an answer after doing a lot of poking around. If some files are read only and the identical duplicate is not, then synctoy thinks the files are different and will overwrite the "writeable" one. "attrib -r * /s" fixed the problem for me. I love synctoy and use it with my synology NAS.
    Friday, June 8, 2018 11:42 PM