I do not what courses should i take and what is the prerequisite of any thing RRS feed

• Question

• Hello
    i am a third year student major Business information system. i wan to learn data mining i took a course in C# programming and SQL server 2005 so is that enough.
    Also some people told me that data mining is that not used in egypt and that working as asysytem analyst is better but i do not know what a system analyst really does.
    if u please tell me and also give me oyur decisin in what should i take.
    thanks
    merna
    Friday, April 17, 2009 11:01 PM

Answers

• Unfortunately, we can only provide you with guidance, and then you make the decision.

Data Mining is used in many industries across the globe, including Egypt, the SQL 2005 link below has got a Technical Reference that explains everything you need to know about Data Mining in depth, http://www.microsoft.com/sqlserver/2005/en/us/data-mining.aspx

Now, A systems analyst is responsible for researching, planning, coordinating and recommending software and system choices to meet an organization's business requirements.

Basically a systems analyst performs the following tasks:
      • Interact with the customers to know their requirements
      • Interact with designers to convey the possible interface of the software
      • Interact/guide the coders/developers to keep track of system development
      • Perform system testing with sample/live data with the help of testers
      • Implement the new system
      • Prepare High quality Documentation

I don't see what stops you from doing both.

Mervyn Aram King MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDBA, MCTS, MCBMSS, MCBMSP, MCT
    Sunday, April 19, 2009 2:31 AM