none
Ms-MPI on NetWork Direct interface RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

We am trying to run MS-MPI over network direct interface.

We have sevaral debug prints in our ND source Code; none of them appears on DbgView.exe when we run MS-MPI with mpiexec command with mpipingpong application on Windows Server 2008. I have installed CCS April 2008 SDK too.

Command we are using:

mpiexec  -hosts 2 10.10.1.2 1 10.10.1.3 1 c:\mpipingpng.exe -env MPICH_DISABLE_SOCK=1

Please help me to get it working on ND path,

Thanks,

rockers

Thursday, May 15, 2008 10:32 AM

Answers

All replies

• We have the same issue.. currently the NDI Melanox beta (version 1.4) drivers only seem to allow IPoIB and not ND even though the ND provider is enabled. Consequently performance is abysmal.
    Mellanox are working on drivers that will support ND correctly, we are playing the waiting game..

Cheers

Austin
    Thursday, May 15, 2008 4:02 PM
  • The currently posted Mellanox drivers for HPC Server 2008 Beta1 are incompatible with the CTP and Beta2 versions of HPC Server 2008.  The Microsoft HPC team are working hard with Mellanox to create and test an updated NetworkDirect provider which incorporates:

• A small NetworkDirect design tweak
    • Scalability fixes based on the MS HPC team's recent Top500 runs (4 sites)
    • Support for ConnectX-type Host Channel Adapters (HCAs) in addiiton to Infinihost-type HCAs

This work is a priority for all concerned.  We apologize for the delay and I will keep you posted over the next 10-14 days as the work and test verification are completed. 

Thanks,

Eric

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 6:58 AM
  • Sorry for the delayed response to this thread...YIKES! 

As mentioned on the MS Connect site for HPC Server 2008, the new Mellanox drivers are posted here:  http://www.mellanox.com/products/MLNX_WinOF.php 

Scroll down to this entry:  

Download WinIB-ND v1.4.0 Beta2

Basic InfiniBand Software Stack for Windows HPC Server 2008 including NetworkDirect support

Eric Lantz (Microsoft)
    Friday, July 18, 2008 6:55 PM