Canot export Report into CSV / PDF / Excel RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,
    I receive feedback from user which I htnk is very serious issue and not able to solve by myself.
    User can generate CRM report, but when export to either CSV / PDF / Excel, after click on Save / Open button, the downlaod dialog box appear and remain no response forever.
    Sometimes it open the PDF / CSV / Excel successfully but sometimes the problem happen again.
    User laptop join on Domain A where both CRM web, SSRS server under domain B.

My laptop that join under domain C have no problem to export report at all.

Can I know what likely is the cause for this problem? Does it have something to do with Double Hopping, or any security policy need to be configured?

Friday, October 15, 2010 9:05 AM

All replies

• Problem it may be with Report Viewer control. In UR9 Report Viewer was updated to version 2008 so try to apply latest UR and retry.

My Dynamics CRM Blog: http://bovoweb.blogspot.com
    Sunday, October 17, 2010 10:14 PM
  • We have already got the RU 10 applied to server.

Latest find out is, some machine can download the report and some machine cannot.

The machine that does not work all under domain A. login with user account form Domain B also gives the same error. So I htink if it is the security policy settings enforced in the laptop?
    if so, where I can drill down into the details?

Monday, October 18, 2010 8:58 AM
  • Hi,

If you are getting an error while export then You have to see the error description on SQL Server.

For Error Description in Error Log:
    Log on to SQL Server, go to installation folder of SQL Server Reporting Services. Open the latest log file and see the error description.
    EG: C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.3\Reporting Services\LogFiles

Hope this will help.

Thanks, Ranjitsingh R | http://mscrm-developer.blogspot.com/ | MS CRM Consultant
    Wednesday, October 20, 2010 10:45 AM