Google Desktop Search Issues with Windows Home Server Console RRS feed

• Question

• It seems that Google Desktop search won't index if the Windows Home Server Console is in the System Tray.

Does anyone else have that issue.
    Tuesday, August 7, 2007 10:05 PM

Answers

• I gave this a shot on Vista (will try on XP also) and the two seem to coexist and work fine. Keep in mind that when you re-index or index your computer the first time with Google Desktop, that the indexing process occurs when your computer is idle only - so you'll never see immediate results on the indexing status page.

Please refer to this link for information: http://desktop.google.com/support/linux/bin/answer.py?answer=62982&topic=11376 

Wednesday, August 8, 2007 3:12 PM

All replies

• What OS are you running?

Tuesday, August 7, 2007 10:16 PM
  • I'm using XP SP2....
    Tuesday, August 7, 2007 10:21 PM
  • I gave this a shot on Vista (will try on XP also) and the two seem to coexist and work fine. Keep in mind that when you re-index or index your computer the first time with Google Desktop, that the indexing process occurs when your computer is idle only - so you'll never see immediate results on the indexing status page.

Please refer to this link for information: http://desktop.google.com/support/linux/bin/answer.py?answer=62982&topic=11376 

Wednesday, August 8, 2007 3:12 PM
  • I know that you have to be idle for 30 sec's before the indexing begins.... But google desktop woun't index a thing apart from my email which it does even if your system isn't idle for 30 secs.

So i killed the WHS Connection process and waited 30 Secs and the indexing started... then i started the WHS Connection and nothing... the indexing stop even after my pc was idle for over 2 hours....

Could be user error... hope not... i will give it a go again tonight to find out!
    Wednesday, August 8, 2007 3:24 PM
  • What, if anything, did you find?
    Thursday, December 27, 2007 5:24 PM