Terminal Services error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I setup port forwarding to access my Network from outside my LAN. However, on testing it inside my LAN I was getting the following error when trying to connect to the Home Server:

Terminal Services has exceed the maximum number of connections

I could access the shares etc

I had a look at the Terminal Services configuration and changed the restrict each user to one session setting from yes to no and this has appeared to fix it although I don't know enough about Terminal Services to understand whether this setting has relevance or not.

However, when it was failing I wasn't running more than one session. I only had one PC switched on at the time with no other sessions attached to WHS.

Saturday, March 10, 2007 10:45 AM

Answers

• The most possible scenario is that you already had a couple of disconnected sessions to the server. Since you're running terminal services in admin mode (and not application mode) you're only allowed a maximum of two simultanious connactions (counting disconnected sessions as well).

You can use terminal services confirguration and make sure that disconnected sessions will be logged off to avoid this.

Saturday, March 10, 2007 7:23 PM

All replies

• The most possible scenario is that you already had a couple of disconnected sessions to the server. Since you're running terminal services in admin mode (and not application mode) you're only allowed a maximum of two simultanious connactions (counting disconnected sessions as well).

You can use terminal services confirguration and make sure that disconnected sessions will be logged off to avoid this.

Saturday, March 10, 2007 7:23 PM
  • Ok, will do. Thanks.
    Tuesday, March 13, 2007 12:04 PM