"MSDN" & "TECHNET" vs. "ANSWERS" Forums RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I wonder...

All 3 Sites reside under the MS umbrella - so, why only posters in "Answers" forums are "forced" to present [by selectiong] their OS & Office versions ?

To my opinion such information [at "Technet" & "MSDN" Forums] will reduce a lot of unnecessary "back and force" discussions - as per the versions - because not all the posters find it necessary to present this information.

I'm sure it can be added - the sooner the better.

May I also use this opportunity to suggest allowing to attach relevant files, such as Excel Workbooks, JPG, PNG etc... this came up because most of the question involve tables and data and it is very difficult to understand the OP request just from reading the question.

Many leading proffesioanl forums allow attachments and I don't see any reason why it should not be applicable also here.

Thank you.

Micky, Microsoft® Excel MVP [2009-2010] - ISRAEL
    Friday, August 20, 2010 5:42 PM

All replies

• A Question can in MSDN be completely OS irrelevant as a developer is developing for different operating system. 

The used Office system is even less relevant beside for a small group.

If this is done we get that strange Connect.Microsoft.Com behaviour where we almost have to tell our age and ____ before we can sent a suggestion

For MSDN this kind of information adds nothing.

So please, let the forums be first good function instead that there is again a bug creating seldom asked feature is added. 

Those underline is for the commonly in the world used word to tell if it is about a man or a woman. 

At those features the forum team seem to work very intensively

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/british/sex_1

Success
    Cor
    Saturday, August 21, 2010 10:36 AM
  • I could have been wrong posting my suggestion also here [I posted it in the "TechNet" forums as well].

The reason for my suggestions is very simple:

In 4-6 weeks an Hebrew Interface of the forum is going to be launched in Israel.

The new "MS Office" forum is going to replace the "old" Discussion Group, under the same name.

Being the main supporter, in the above mentioned discussion-group and being the Moderator of the biggest "MS Office" forum in Israel - I allow myself to say that the information as per the OS & Office versions is essential - the same goes for the file attachments.

Have a nice weekend,

Saturday, August 21, 2010 5:28 PM
  • In lieu of attachments you (or anyone) can use skydrive

http://windowslive.com/online/skydrive

Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional -Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    Saturday, August 21, 2010 5:39 PM
  • This is an "old" solution [I mean using Hosting-sites] and if it was easy and comfortable to use - none of the world-wide forums would allow to attach files - they would have announced, on top of their pages, that any attachment should be uploaded to a free file-hosting site.

When I'm about to help sombody who has a problem – I don't want to "wait 60 seconds" and in the meanwhile watch advertisement [commercials] before the download begings...

[I'm sure there is no need, for me, to list the forums which allow attachments]

Saturday, August 21, 2010 5:48 PM