Backups working for a month, then stopped one day.. RRS feed

• General discussion

• I recently made a home server to do a full back up, and to work as a media server for my parents to use. It auto allows them to access movies, and TV shows that I have on the server for them.  (Pretense as to why I have the server)

The WHS2011 box has been running perfectly find for all of May/June then I got an alert today stating that the backup hasn't been done on my mother's PC since the 17th of July. The backups are auto configured to run at 2am in the morning, every day. This also means the (4) other computers haven't been doing backups either because it's been hung up on the first one. Which at this point in time can be a big issue in case of failures on their PC's. (My mother takes a lot of family pictures, and my father is in a business scenario which is why the backups are important)

I don't know if it's me, but I can't seem to be able to walk the fine lines of the Microsoft support to be able to get any information on even what to look for to try and fix this. Right now it hangs forever at 1%, I have to physically restart both the client and the server computers for them to read again, and if I try another manual back up the same thing happens.

Any chance anyone could just point me in the right direction of what to look for?
    I do have an IT background, but not much in the realms of Windows Server. Which is unhelpful for this situation.
    • Edited by DavidEJoy Wednesday, July 24, 2013 3:27 AM
    • Changed type Andy Qi Friday, August 2, 2013 5:28 AM
    Wednesday, July 24, 2013 3:26 AM

All replies

• Has it ever backed up (your title suggests so, but just checking)? Do you have a wired or wireless connection to your server - if the latter, do at least one backup wired.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 1:13 PM