none
Remote Access Connection Manager (RASMAN) Marked as spam... resubmitted because text was jumbled RRS feed

• Question

• When in Services under "services and applications" I am trying to get the "<g class="gr_ gr_18 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="18" id="18">remote</g> Access Connection Manager" to start, and after some <g class="gr_ gr_25 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Punctuation only-ins replaceWithoutSep" data-gr-id="25" id="25">delay</g> the message  "error 20: <g class="gr_ gr_19 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="19" id="19">systrm</g> cannot find <g class="gr_ gr_21 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Grammar only-ins replaceWithoutSep" data-gr-id="21" id="21">device</g> specified".  I assume that the device (RASMAN) either does not exist or is corrupt. How and what can anybody help with this?  My ultimate goal is to initialize the program  "Hide<g class="gr_ gr_32 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Style replaceWithoutSep" data-gr-id="32" id="32">.Me</g>"  a VPN service. This program worked fine with no problems running Windows 8. When I upgraded to Windows 8.1 the program did not work anymore. I have uninstalled, reinstalled the <g class="gr_ gr_20 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling" data-gr-id="20" id="20">exe</g>, I have followed all <g class="gr_ gr_22 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Grammar only-ins replaceWithoutSep" data-gr-id="22" id="22">suggestions</g> I was given by starting the hide.<g class="gr_ gr_23 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Grammar multiReplace" data-gr-id="23" id="23">me</g> service, then restarting and still fails. At this <g class="gr_ gr_26 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Punctuation only-ins replaceWithoutSep" data-gr-id="26" id="26">point</g> I was fortunate enough to get a Microsoft chat respondent to "take control" of my computer. He did a few <g class="gr_ gr_24 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Punctuation only-del replaceWithoutSep" data-gr-id="24" id="24">things,</g> and then had me run a memory check program after hitting "restart". All these efforts were in vain. I am still in a wondering mode. can you suggest anything that might help?  Thank you, and I appreciate any an all suggestions that may come my way. Thank anyone in advance...
    Sunday, January 20, 2019 5:14 AM

Answers

All replies

• When in Services under "services and applications" I am trying to get the "<g class="gr_ gr_18 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="18" id="18">remote</g> Access Connection Manager" to start, and after some <g class="gr_ gr_25 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Punctuation only-ins replaceWithoutSep" data-gr-id="25" id="25">delay</g> the message  "error 20: <g class="gr_ gr_19 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="19" id="19">systrm</g> cannot find <g class="gr_ gr_21 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Grammar only-ins replaceWithoutSep" data-gr-id="21" id="21">device</g> specified".  I assume that the device (RASMAN) either does not exist or is corrupt. How and what can anybody help with this?  My ultimate goal is to initialize the program  "Hide<g class="gr_ gr_32 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Style replaceWithoutSep" data-gr-id="32" id="32">.Me</g>"  a VPN service. This program worked fine with no problems running Windows 8. When I upgraded to Windows 8.1 the program did not work anymore. I have uninstalled, reinstalled the <g class="gr_ gr_20 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling" data-gr-id="20" id="20">exe</g>, I have followed all <g class="gr_ gr_22 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Grammar only-ins replaceWithoutSep" data-gr-id="22" id="22">suggestions</g> I was given by starting the hide.<g class="gr_ gr_23 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Grammar multiReplace" data-gr-id="23" id="23">me</g> service, then restarting and still fails. At this <g class="gr_ gr_26 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Punctuation only-ins replaceWithoutSep" data-gr-id="26" id="26">point</g> I was fortunate enough to get a Microsoft chat respondent to "take control" of my computer. He did a few <g class="gr_ gr_24 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Punctuation only-del replaceWithoutSep" data-gr-id="24" id="24">things,</g> and then had me run a memory check program after hitting "restart". All these efforts were in vain. I am still in a wondering mode. can you suggest anything that might help?  Thank you, and I appreciate any an all suggestions that may come my way. Thank anyone in advance...

Good day,

Your message is not readable!

Please clean it and next time check how it is look after you publish it

signature   Ronen Ariely
     [Personal Site]    [Blog]    [Facebook]    [Linkedin]

Sunday, January 20, 2019 5:48 AM
  • OK,I cleaned the message for you this time :-)

Original Q: 

When in Services under "services and applications" I am trying to get the "remote Access Connection Manager" to start, and after some delay the message "error 20: systrm cannot find device specified". I assume that the device (RASMAN) either does not exist or is corrupt. How and what can anybody help with this? My ultimate goal is to initialize the program "Hide.Me" a VPN service. This program worked fine with no problems running Windows 8. When I upgraded to Windows 8.1 the program did not work anymore. I have uninstalled, reinstalled the exe, I have followed all suggestions I was given by starting the hide.me service, then restarting and still fails. At this point I was fortunate enough to get a Microsoft chat respondent to "take control" of my computer. He did a few things, and then had me run a memory check program after hitting "restart". All these efforts were in vain. I am still in a wondering mode. can you suggest anything that might help? Thank you, and I appreciate any an all suggestions that may come my way. Thank anyone in advance...

I noticed that you asked the question in the Windows 8.1 General which seems the right place if you are using windows 8,so allyou need to do is to wait to answer there. If you are using different OS then you can find the best forum in the list of forums here:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/34901.list-of-forums-by-languages-categories-and-field-of-discussions.aspx

signature   Ronen Ariely
     [Personal Site]    [Blog]    [Facebook]    [Linkedin]

Sunday, January 20, 2019 5:58 AM
  • Also, you are using a Grammarly add-in that adds lots of unsupported tags to your posts. This makes your posts very difficult to read. It would help a lot if you would disable or remove Grammarly.

And if you got a message indicating that your post was spam, the message is misleading. Lately this happens when really you just need to have your account verified. You need to post a request to have your account verified in the current verification thread here:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/dc4002e4-e3de-4b1e-9a97-3702387886cc/verify-account-42?forum=reportabug

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Sunday, January 20, 2019 11:20 AM
  • To the subject; Your account just needs to be verified. You can expedite verification by replying to this thread with your request.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/dc4002e4-e3de-4b1e-9a97-3702387886cc/verify-account-42?forum=reportabug

Sticky located at top of Forums Issues (not product support) forum

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=reportabug 

edit: I checked and your post is not marked spam. The message is a bit misleading but account still needs to be verified.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Sunday, January 20, 2019 2:32 PM