Cannot normalize AD phone numbers RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have added the following rule to Company_Phone_Number_Normalization_Rules.txt.

If i use abserver.exe -dumprules my Company_Phone_Number_Normalization_Rules.txt rules are at the top so the file is being read.

However if i do an abserver.exe -testphonenorm "+44 (0) 2222444333" it does not match that rule instead hits line 6 of the built in rules. which gives +4402222444333 that does not work because of the 0 after the +44

\+44?\s*?\((\d)\)?\s*?(\d)

+44$2

Also,

The numbers in this format "02222 555555555" using this rule

0?(\d\d\d\d)\s*(\d)

+44$1$2

Fail normalization.

Hope someone can help!

Thanks in advance,

Alex.
    Thursday, July 23, 2009 11:47 AM

Answers

• Take a look at the latter half of this article for some assistance on writing regular expression patterns:
    http://blogs.pointbridge.com/Blogs/schertz_jeff/Pages/Post.aspx?_ID=26

For example, in the last rule if you want that 02222 555555555 to match you'll need to change the last part to (\d{9}) (which is actually identical to \d\d\d\d\d\d\d\d\d).
    Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    Thursday, July 23, 2009 1:58 PM
  • ALso, I would use the Enterprise Voice Route Helper to test the normalization rules and Route patterns.

For the dialing rule above, another way to translate would be e.g (tihs is for U.S -> London)

^(011\d{9}\d+)$  

with the translation pattern of e.g. +8$1 (or whatever your environment requirements are).

HTH

Thursday, July 23, 2009 3:15 PM

All replies

• Take a look at the latter half of this article for some assistance on writing regular expression patterns:
    http://blogs.pointbridge.com/Blogs/schertz_jeff/Pages/Post.aspx?_ID=26

For example, in the last rule if you want that 02222 555555555 to match you'll need to change the last part to (\d{9}) (which is actually identical to \d\d\d\d\d\d\d\d\d).
    Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    Thursday, July 23, 2009 1:58 PM
  • ALso, I would use the Enterprise Voice Route Helper to test the normalization rules and Route patterns.

For the dialing rule above, another way to translate would be e.g (tihs is for U.S -> London)

^(011\d{9}\d+)$  

with the translation pattern of e.g. +8$1 (or whatever your environment requirements are).

HTH

Thursday, July 23, 2009 3:15 PM