Can't reconnect my ThinkPad after restart RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Experts!

Sry about my english, i'm italian/german... I had a problem with my ThinkPad. All my PC's Notebooks work well with the Connector-software. But the ThinkPad(Notebook W520) can not find the server after that i completly restartet that. I  must alway uninstall and reinstall the Connector-software and then connct them a new won with the server. Then it works since i completly shut down the Notebook... When the Notebook goes sleep-mpodus, there are no problems...

Thanks for help...

.martin

Friday, October 5, 2012 4:38 PM

Answers

• Has your laptop multiple active network adapters, and the one you are using for WHS connection, is not the one in highest priority?

Check if you have network problems as described in the FAQ How to Troubleshoot Network Connection Problems with Windows Home Server.

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf

• Proposed as answer by James Xiong Tuesday, October 30, 2012 8:16 AM
    • Marked as answer by James Xiong Friday, November 2, 2012 1:57 AM
    Friday, October 5, 2012 7:22 PM
  • Hi,

As we know, Wireless LAN (WLAN) Service is installed by default in WHS 2011. Since the issue only could be reproduced in Notebook, I think you need to check the way to connect to the server (Wired or Wireless).

At the same time, you could run the following command in Windows PowerShell to verify the WLAN Service status:

Get-Service | Where-Object {$_.displayname -like "*wlan*"}

Olaf's link is really helpful here. Please follow his suggestion to narrow down the issue. :-)

Regards,

James

James Xiong

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by James Xiong Friday, November 2, 2012 1:58 AM
    Monday, October 8, 2012 1:20 AM

All replies

• Has your laptop multiple active network adapters, and the one you are using for WHS connection, is not the one in highest priority?

Check if you have network problems as described in the FAQ How to Troubleshoot Network Connection Problems with Windows Home Server.

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf

• Marked as answer by James Xiong Friday, November 2, 2012 1:57 AM
    Friday, October 5, 2012 7:22 PM
  • Hi,

As we know, Wireless LAN (WLAN) Service is installed by default in WHS 2011. Since the issue only could be reproduced in Notebook, I think you need to check the way to connect to the server (Wired or Wireless).

At the same time, you could run the following command in Windows PowerShell to verify the WLAN Service status:

Get-Service | Where-Object {$_.displayname -like "*wlan*"}

Olaf's link is really helpful here. Please follow his suggestion to narrow down the issue. :-)

Regards,

James

James Xiong

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by James Xiong Friday, November 2, 2012 1:58 AM
    Monday, October 8, 2012 1:20 AM