CRM Client for outlook if computer is in another domain RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!
    I have the following situation: A laptop is from another company's domain and user is logged on with those credentials, but he has our company's credentials and exchange configured as well. He can use Dynamics CRM trough web with no issues (with ours credentials). I installed CRM for outlook, but when i enter the name of our CRM server in CRM client for outlook configuration wizard (Outlook profile with our exchange server configured), it responds, that The specified Dynamics CRM server is not available.  I tried to enter crm server address in IP format and DNS name format with no success. (For native domain users everything is working fine).
    Monday, September 27, 2010 1:34 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

Have you tried to configure the client using the option of a online service provider?

Remember to use the exactly URL the you use on internet, because it is case sensitive. http://crm.domain.com/organization

[]´s

Carlos Amorim Junior
    "Já ajudou a comunidade hoje?"
    http://www.dynamicscrm.com.br
    • Marked as answer by Dzeisons Friday, April 26, 2013 8:29 AM
    Monday, September 27, 2010 2:18 PM
  • Hi,

If the laptop is joined to another domain and this domian has no trust with the domain where the crm server resides, you will need to configure IFD authentication.  After configuring IFD authentication, choose 'an online service provider' when configuring the outlook crm client and the client will then prompt for a user name and password.

Alex Fagundes - www.PowerObjects.com
    Monday, September 27, 2010 4:10 PM
  • Hi,

If the laptop is joined to another domain and this domian has no trust with the domain where the crm server resides, you will need to configure IFD authentication.  After configuring IFD authentication, choose 'an online service provider' when configuring the outlook crm client and the client will then prompt for a user name and password.

Alex Fagundes - www.PowerObjects.com

Ok, it works with IFD authentication, but how can avoid the situation, that "native" domain users are prompted for they credentials trough IFD.

I can't configure IFD internal network address, because this "alien" laptop is working in our subnet.

Thursday, December 2, 2010 9:46 AM