none
Failing (Check Health) ==> "The file is open" RRS feed

• Question

• I don't recall getting this notification on my prior WHS build.

Same file, same location (in one of the shares).

As a matter of fact file is open.... somebody's using it: SageTV.  
    It's the application's database - and that's the way it was on the prior build.

My guess is that it's open too much for WHS's tastes.

But why now and not before?

SageTV is running on the server and I understand that WHS is not warranteed for that situation.

Since Sage is running on the server, I could move the DB to somewhere on C and mirror it to the data pool every so often, but that begs the question: suppose I ran SageTV on another PC and it *had* to use the WSH data pool?

Seems like maybe I'm missing something (again....):
    • Why now and not before?
    • Why complain just bc a file is in use?
    Some sort of WHS setting/option?
    Wednesday, October 14, 2009 1:02 AM

All replies

• I don't recall getting this notification on my prior WHS build.

Same file, same location (in one of the shares).

As a matter of fact file is open.... somebody's using it: SageTV.  
    It's the application's database - and that's the way it was on the prior build.

My guess is that it's open too much for WHS's tastes.

But why now and not before?

SageTV is running on the server and I understand that WHS is not warranteed for that situation.

Since Sage is running on the server, I could move the DB to somewhere on C and mirror it to the data pool every so often, but that begs the question: suppose I ran SageTV on another PC and it *had* to use the WSH data pool?

Seems like maybe I'm missing something (again....):
    • Why now and not before?
    • Why complain just bc a file is in use?
    Some sort of WHS setting/option?
    That's normal if a file is left open for 24 straight hours.  The reason is if the file is always open, WHS can't move/copy/do anything with the file.  As for why didn't it happen before, either A) your server was not up-to-date before, B) the file in question was not in a network share before, or C) some other anomalous problem with your server (which obviously you recently had judging by your other posts).
    Wednesday, October 14, 2009 1:43 AM