Empty OptionSet on form

Question

• Hi,

sometimes i notice that I get an empty OptionSet in an entity form. This is especially a problem with required fields. For example: I enter a number of attributes to my entity. Then I have to set my custom OptionSet. The problem is that there is no value to select. So i have to refresh the form without saving (saving is not possible due to the required-field-definition) the entered informations, which is really annoying.

Does anybody else know this issue?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Kind regards

Klemens

Monday, October 14, 2013 8:11 AM

Answers

• What's the IE version you're using? IE9 have some issues with CRM 2011 that need hotfixes.
    • Marked as answer by k.duschlbauer Tuesday, October 15, 2013 6:43 AM
    Tuesday, October 15, 2013 1:46 AM

All replies

• What is the benefit of having a mandatory blank option set. Change the requirement level of option set to not required

Regards Faisal

Monday, October 14, 2013 10:59 AM
  • There is no benefit. The optionSet should display some values. But in some cases it does not display the defined optionset values - you don't have the chance to select any option because the are not in the drop-down-list -> the OptionSet is empty.

I can not changes to requirement level because the user has to define this value. Otherwise I would have declared this parameter as not required ;)

Monday, October 14, 2013 12:16 PM
  • What's the IE version you're using? IE9 have some issues with CRM 2011 that need hotfixes.
    • Marked as answer by k.duschlbauer Tuesday, October 15, 2013 6:43 AM
    Tuesday, October 15, 2013 1:46 AM
  • Observe the conditions upon which the OptionSet is getting empty. There could be some script (erroneous) which is hiding the optionset values.

If my response helps you in finding your answer then please click 'Mark as Answer' and 'Vote as Helpful'

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 2:39 AM
  • Tuesday, October 15, 2013 6:48 AM
  • Hi, 

Most probably it is an IE issue. Try in other browsers or IE 10.

Regards,

Rameshwari

• Proposed as answer by RameshwariSah Tuesday, October 15, 2013 5:56 PM
    Tuesday, October 15, 2013 5:55 PM