none
Visual Studio 2012 Express RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

As a newbie in the development world, i'm looking at using Visual Studio 2012 Express.  I was interested in hooking up a Azure website with the ACS and using Google/Yahoo/Facebook etc for claims based authN but I've come across a problem.

The Identity and Access tool that installs on top of VS2012 does not install on the Express edition.  It seems I cannot fall back to the 'Add STS Reference' or indeed just fire up the FedUtil.exe to set my STS reference.  If I do , I am getting 500.22 errors, 'An asp.net  setting has been detected that does not apply in Integrated managed pipeline mode'.  Seems that .net framework 4.5 does not like having configuration items for both system.web and system.webserver.

Is this by design and my lack of understanding or an issue.  Anybody know how to setup the link between ACS and Azure on VS2012 express.  All of the examples use the I&A tool.

Thanks

Pete

• Moved by Amanda Zhu Tuesday, February 19, 2013 6:06 AM off-topic issue
    Wednesday, February 13, 2013 3:48 PM

All replies

• Hello Peter,

Thank you for your post.

I would like to start a Azure website with ACS, I am afraid that the issue is out of support of VS General Question forum which mainly discusses WPF & SL designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System and Visual Studio Editor.

I suggest that you can consult your issue directly on ASP.NET forum: http://forums.asp.net/  for better solution and support.

If I have misunderstood anything, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,

Amanda Zhu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, February 18, 2013 1:03 AM